The nightmare before Christmas (again)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well Monster has excelled himself in his reign of terror. Amber, Spycat and Rosy had been incarcerated in the garage and utility room for three days. They didn't mind at first as the weather was vile. So plenty of litter trays, food, water and cat nip. Also plenty of snoozing going on. Soon as there was a break in the weather though, Monster came and sat menacing them at the window. Lots of eye balling and spats through the glass. Today was lovely so I let Monster into the hallway and closed the door to keep him away from them. Opened the side door - exit the trio. Even though it's a nice day, Amber soon gets bored and comes back. But Monster had been let out again (he's not a house cat and so we had to let him out the other entrance) so he scared her off. She's gone down the hole (the old septic tank) and he'd parked up on top of it. He's a ruddy patient cat is that! I can hear low growling and f*ck off language coming from the hole from Amber. So I coaxed him back into the hallway and thought once he'd gone she'd come in. Nope. She's too scared. Anyway, I left it a while with the door open and him in the hall. So I thought. But nope, he was in the bathroom and wouldn't leave! OH waiting to get into the shower. One very large, angry grey cat in a corner. Tried to coax him out and into the fresh air. Nope. Hiss spit growl. No Amber. One very miffed one eyed Monster. He's gone out finally, and OH got his shower. Oh dear. Why do I bother. Just needed to get that off my chest. And if anyone wants a grey cat I can jiffy bag him up pronto and post first class! :rolleyes: :D:cool:(he is a good mouser!). Seriously, has anyone else been in a spot with a terror of a cat? He did the same thing last year around this time, things are so unsettled!!!!

Sorry, but I'm laughing as well as horrified. Wee devil!
Yeah he is a wee devil! And he just keeps on today - I went out there to the cat barn and he had a poor little robin stuffed in his mouth. He dropped it for me so I finished the poor guy off - it was still alive but beyond healing. Then he ate the remainder (I beheaded it to be sure) and then promptly threw it all up - that'll learn him to eat birds, feathers an all!:eek:

Gosh he sounds like a toad, could you build him a little house with food away from the others and strongly discourage him from coming around the house?

Gosh he sounds like a toad, could you build him a little house with food away from the others and strongly discourage him from coming around the house?
Yeah we tried that, this has been going on for over a year on and off. He’s so friendly to humans, and Mackeral he loves her but is so aggressive to other cats. He officially lives in the cat barn with Mackeral but he is obsessed with the back door as he knows the others come and go. He’ll do anything to get into there but never does thankfully! This is why I was seriously thinking of collars and cat flaps for the others. But that has its drawbacks doesn’t it. He follows me around which is partly why he comes to the back doorstep and if I’m out with Storm he trots along with us. He’s not all bad but pesky about the back door. Him being neutered late doesn’t help I don’t think.

Monster was missing last night and this morning. He came back about an hour ago with a paw like a balloon and can hardly walk, covered in mud, blood and scratches so lord knows who he was fighting last night! I hope not our little timid Spyboy. :( Spycat is missing. The girls are all present and correct. Oh dear. Central heating broken again. Boiler man coming later on. Work is piling up. I am fiddling on here whilst Rome burns. :rolleyes:

Are the other cats microchipped. Could you get some microchip cat flaps set up so only certain cats have access to certain places. If monster is terrorising the others once in then i guess its more tricky and cat flap wont do anything. Maybe monster needs his own seperate snug somewhere.

A lady where i work had some unwanted visitors in her kitchen a couple of weeks ago so i said to her about a microchip cat flap so she has invested in one. So now only hers can get in and out.

It has also worked for another place i work at too. They have two cats but the neighbours kept sneaking in and was upstairs asleep on the bed one day. Her cats kept weeing on the carpet as they were so distressed.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Are the other cats microchipped. Could you get some microchip cat flaps set up so only certain cats have access to certain places. If monster is terrorising the others once in then i guess its more tricky and cat flap wont do anything. Maybe monster needs his own seperate snug somewhere.

A lady where i work had some unwanted visitors in her kitchen a couple of weeks ago so i said to her about a microchip cat flap so she has invested in one. So now only hers can get in and out.

It has also worked for another place i work at too. They have two cats but the neighbours kept sneaking in and was upstairs asleep on the bed one day. Her cats kept weeing on the carpet as they were so distressed.
Ironically Monster is the only one chipped and registered to us! The others I trapped and neutered but they just have their ears clipped to show that they have been done. It's just the way Cat's Protection advise it done. Because Monster was dumped here and isn't a feral they chipped him and registered him to us. Monster has lots of places where he sleeps, him and Mackeral share the cat barn (where my beloved Flatcat lived) and he's got toys, food, water and plenty of company when I am on the yard. He just lays in wait like a toad for the others when they come to the back door! We also built a cat shelter way down the front field, to stop any potential squabbles, but he took that over as well! I am seriously wondering about the others and getting a flap though - do they have to be chipped or can you get collars that correspond to the flap? I will have to do some research. That's a shame when they wee in funny places because of distress.

Ironically Monster is the only one chipped and registered to us! The others I trapped and neutered but they just have their ears clipped to show that they have been done. It's just the way Cat's Protection advise it done. Because Monster was dumped here and isn't a feral they chipped him and registered him to us. Monster has lots of places where he sleeps, him and Mackeral share the cat barn (where my beloved Flatcat lived) and he's got toys, food, water and plenty of company when I am on the yard. He just lays in wait like a toad for the others when they come to the back door! We also built a cat shelter way down the front field, to stop any potential squabbles, but he took that over as well! I am seriously wondering about the others and getting a flap though - do they have to be chipped or can you get collars that correspond to the flap? I will have to do some research. That's a shame when they wee in funny places because of distress.
You could possibly get one of the magnetic cat flaps and just give the others a collar with the magnet on it and not him so he couldn’t get in? Although he sounds as though he’d probably just sit in wait outside the flap for them to come out and then pounce!
My two have rubbed along ok for years but this last couple of years Tiggs has just relentlessly terrorised Millie, every time Millie finds a ‘safe’ sleeping place, Tiggs will figure it out and then take it over, almost like she hates her sister having any peace, we’ve tried the felliway plug ins, we’ve tried lots of catnip to keep them calm, we’ve got tons of safe sleeping places but she just won’t stop jumping on her sister.
It’s really difficult isn’t it. 😞

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
You could possibly get one of the magnetic cat flaps and just give the others a collar with the magnet on it and not him so he couldn’t get in? Although he sounds as though he’d probably just sit in wait outside the flap for them to come out and then pounce!
My two have rubbed along ok for years but this last couple of years Tiggs has just relentlessly terrorised Millie, every time Millie finds a ‘safe’ sleeping place, Tiggs will figure it out and then take it over, almost like she hates her sister having any peace, we’ve tried the felliway plug ins, we’ve tried lots of catnip to keep them calm, we’ve got tons of safe sleeping places but she just won’t stop jumping on her sister.
It’s really difficult isn’t it. 😞
Wow and they are sisters and have been together ages! I think you are right about cat flaps, I think Monst would just sit like a toad outside maybe round the corner and then pounce once they were through the flap! He's not all bad - he's really sweet with me and will follow me everywhere and loves being stroked and will sit with me in the byre for hours if I let him! I think our little family of cats are so insular, they don't tolerate others so easy. Having said that they didn't used to mind the big old ginger tom that came around - they just ignored him.

Honestly I’d get a good water pistol and give him a squirt when ever I saw him terrorising anyone. It won’t hurt him but cats really don’t like water and it will discourage him. He’s allowed to be lovely with you and go in some areas but the other cats do need a bully free zone by the sounds of it and it’s been long enough they’re not going to sort it out with time.

Reactions: Trewsers
I dont know about water pistol, hosepipe or firehose might cure him.

It could work. I used a water pistol on Floss when she was having her agression issues over Abbey. You can also use an empty washing up bottle. Although you have to be close enough.

Reactions: Jessey
I dont know about water pistol, hosepipe or firehose might cure him.

It could work. I used a water pistol on Floss when she was having her agression issues over Abbey. You can also use an empty washing up bottle. Although you have to be close enough.
A super soaker should do the trick, accurate from 10 meters!

Would you believe but about a year ago that’s just what we had lol a kids water pistol and when he attacked Spy I squirted him with it. At first he ran off but quickly came back. The trouble is I can’t always be there when he’s lurking and you know what cats are like, they come and go at all hours of the day. If I see Spy or Amber I can whisk them inside fast but if they see him from forty paces they do a runner then. The pistol worked a bit to see him off the back door but he’s VERY persistent. Plus I did feel mean about doing it in the end as it was sending mixed signals, he was like my friend sometimes and then next moment I was firing it at him. Oh dear. He’s completely scared Felix off, we think he’s living next farm on up the road because they mentioned they had gotten two black and whites now. So long as he’s being fed and happy I’m okay with that. I think the juice just wasn’t worth the squeeze for him keep trying to get in here. Honestly whoever dumped Monster knew what they were doing! He’s clearly been a holy terror wherever he came from! Apparently up here it’s common to find them dumped from town out here in the sticks. I spoke to some local cat folk and that’s the conclusion they came to. Thanks for all the ideas anyways- it’s always worth discussing .

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com