The MOST exciting day ever!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay, not a lot happens in Trewsers life................:redface: So this might not seem that thrilling - but I will share anyways! Last night our water supply dried up (again) so we were terribly gloomy thinking it would mean shelling out for a new bore hole (£10,000 plus). So, this morning I says why not try the local man who helped us build our facilities (he knows LOTS about the village etc). Anyways, he knew exactly what the problem was. After a VERY long walk up a VERY steep fell (and a meeting with some highland cattle) we found it! The source!lol. How thrilling. There was a huge family of frogs!:inlove: at the inlet and lots of debris which we shifted - turns out the filter was blocked:redface: Anyway, disaster averted (had to beg water of MIL this morning which was a 2 hour round trip). Nowty neighbour knew all along but wasn't going to tell us:stomp: but leastways now we know what to do next time. Apparently (according to the other neighbour) he knew it was blocked and was going to clean it:banghead:. Oh well. So, very lovely view up the fell (which I'd had camera) but lovely frogs. Very tired legs - only just managed to eat my lunch sandwich!!!!

Oh, and this morning Chloe proved that COBS are actually ARAB in disguise!!! 23 years old she is and boy can she still move! (There must be something in the air!). She pranced about with her tail up like a brush - never seen her do that before in over a year of having her with us!!!!!! So yes, a very action packed day!lol

£10,000 for a borehole? How deep is it?!:nerd: Please promise me that you send me a message in the unfortunate event you ever need a new borehole so that we can see if you can not pay that?!!!! Sorry work hat off... Glad you managed to get it sorted.

I do love a cob doing the tail in the air business, did she look a little surprised when she had finished? May always has a "Me? did I really just go that fast?" look about her! :giggle:

Wey hey I think that is rather exciting, one minute you think you may be forking out 10,000 the next you find your not - lovely jungly :happy:

£10,000 for a borehole? How deep is it?!:nerd: Please promise me that you send me a message in the unfortunate event you ever need a new borehole so that we can see if you can not pay that?!!!! Sorry work hat off... Glad you managed to get it sorted.

:

That was just a figure bandied about by some friends of ours (they were guessing) I presume it's a bit steep?

The cynic in me would think nowty pants blocked it on purpose to give it a clean?!

A few lagers earned after all that exercise! :wink:

Well funny you should say that, have just heard via neutral neighbour (insert tongue in cheek) that apparently the less we know about the water supply the better!!! Just overheard (eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves) a conversation between netural neighbour and nowty neighbour and apparently it is all our fault for having water at the stables! And my husband is a pillock:stomp:

Glad you managed to find out what the problem was trews.i am seconding jovis remark that I wouldn't be surprised if he put something in it!

Yeah, I think he knew it was blocked - apparently (netural neighbour told us) he used to go and inspect it regularly but has stopped doing it lately. Probably because he knows we need water for the girls and have to get it from somewhere else. Apparently he has found the whole thing highly amusing - the fact that we had to go to MIL's for water (big mistake trusting neutral neighbour, I think he repeats everything we do to nowty pants:throwball:)

Wey hey I think that is rather exciting, one minute you think you may be forking out 10,000 the next you find your not - lovely jungly :happy:

I know, Mr T has bought steak for our evening meal on the strength of not having to pay out a large sum of money!!!lol

Tell you what though, makes me realise how three-faced neutral neighbour is!!!! I mean, I thought we were on terms of sorts - in that he was civil towards us and wouldn't take such delight in any problems we were having. Apparently not! Still, it has livened things up - it's been almost 3 years without anything major kicking off - looks like nothing stays the same forever........................!!

Sorry, this has turned into a neighbour whinge!lol

Just also overheard how we are to blame for the whole water situation. His wife said "it was all okay till they came (her classic line) it's all their fault for having water put in to their stables". Gosh, isn't she beefing about that one 6 years later..............some folk just don't know when to let it go do they??????!

Oh those feeking neighbours! I would have to trottle the pair of them lol (and I don't mean maybe:giggle: )

I am glad you got it sorted Trews. That could have been a huge worry.

I hope them weirdos move soon. We have to hatch a plan tee hee!

Re comment above mine. That would be it!:stomp::hot: I would have to string her up by her knickers:giggle: Oh dear.

Lol, she is quite hilarious to listen to. Over the years I've heard her come out with some corkers! She once said "horses should be pulling carts and ploughs and certainly not be ridden by the likes of me"! :bounce:

Tell you what did "creep" me out a bit though. Apparently, nowty pants went up on the fell at 9 o'clock one night just so OH and I wouldn't see him and know where the water supply comes from. I mean, how WEIRD is that???????? Why? Why would he want to hide from us?????????

Tell you what did "creep" me out a bit though. Apparently, nowty pants went up on the fell at 9 o'clock one night just so OH and I wouldn't see him and know where the water supply comes from. I mean, how WEIRD is that???????? Why? Why would he want to hide from us?????????

Because he's a pr@t!

Lol, she is quite hilarious to listen to. Over the years I've heard her come out with some corkers! She once said "horses should be pulling carts and ploughs and certainly not be ridden by the likes of me"! :bounce:

Oh dear oh dear, its a good job she is not my neighbour. How intolerable, poor you. Good job she is not to close. I would not find that funny at all, unless she is a batty old cow (thinks) she must be lol

newrider.com