The full skip!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well I am feeling quite fatigued! OH is ill again and needs to rest so I got up early to muck out, entertain Chloe, feed birds etc. Then got down to the hard work of filling the skip we've hired. It's full and the out building that we're having converted needs clearing - I had NO IDEA how much dross I could acquire in seven short years! Anyhoo, skip now full and still the room looks full! Thankfully most of what is left I can burn or put out with the bins. It was the two tumble dryers, three hoovers (all broken) and lord only knows how many brochures from our old office that were jamming the place up!
Also a bit peeved as the rats had made a bed out of a lovely green Rambo saddle pad and I found my old leather Toggi riding boots that just needed one new zip in - but sadly they had turned to a mix of furry mould and dust in places - beyond redemption!!! How I wish I hadn't been so careless and wasteful.
After this I treated myself to a ride on the Stormy one! Boy was she full of beans!!!!!!!!! I had no idea such a plump pony could move so fast! Heheee. So, anyone else ever hire a skip to be shut of rubbish and if so, did it meet your requirements?!

we've had three skips so far at our house from clearing out Grandma's stuff and replacing kitchen and bathroom!

If we ordered another one now I bet we could still fill it! :giggle:

we've had three skips so far at our house from clearing out Grandma's stuff and replacing kitchen and bathroom!

If we ordered another one now I bet we could still fill it! :giggle:

It is surprising how fast they fill up! I thought we'd easily clear the out building, but seems I had more stuff lurking than I realised.....

newrider.com