Thank our Lucky Stars Extreamly long!!!!!

kirby

On Friday the 4th of September after work me and my freind went out on a hack, just down the lane onto a really quiet lane.......

When we crossed the road onto the lane a white van came towards us along the narrow lane and had to slam his brakes on and start his engine up again, we managed to squeeze past, our horses just tensed a little,

We then carried on down the lane and my freind horse would not pass some wood logs on the road, I tried to get Porsha in front but my friends horse kept backing up into her warning her of the horse eating wood!, we managed to get Porsha in front, but she was worked up by now and napped too, then a car came screeching round the bend behind us:eek: We asked them to get out and we explained to them the problem and the guy helpfully threw the wood over the hedge, the horses in the other field galloped off:eek:, we thanked the people and carried on with our ride.

I saw in the distance some more rubble, I said to my freind for me to go infront and we passed that fine, We then got to a place where Porsha always naps even when out inhand so I asked my friend to go infornt, but her horse was having none of it too, So I squeezed Porsha on a few steps and she shot her head up and saw the cows really far in the distance they were the size of ants! and she likes the cows on the yard:rolleyes:, we couldnt get either of them to budge, we was considering getting off and leading, I wished we had, I said to my freind I will walk Porsha to the right here so I have her going forward on the grass and turn and we will head home, normally we will ride for longer and then we have to turn round as the route goes on for 2 hours, as we turned my freinds horse galloped off, Porsha shot off too, managed to pull her up 3 times and had her head in the hedges at one point to keep her steady and so did my friend but then they just bolted:eek::mad:

My freind was infront, lost her stirrup, came off and went under her horse
I tried pulling Porsha up again but she was set and her nose was almost touching my freinds horse's bum, It was awful, we went downhill, I eventually lost my stirrup, I felt so weak, In those split seconds of choice I decided to undo my right stirrup and pushed myself from my pommel:mad: I bailed out:eek:

I know the road was coming up and if I had seen a car I possibly could of made the situation worse and that my freind could of been dead on the ground where we left her

To try to keep this short our horse's are perfectly fine, Thank God, they galloped past the yard:rolleyes: and a lady from there was in the school and went after them, So we are so so so lucky they got home safe in the end, We had an ambulance called and went to hospital, Me and my freind have both cracked our heads even with out hats on, I have a funny walk now, something to do with my hip, but hospital didnt xray it as I can put weight on
it, my freinds hand was stood on, but ok just swollen, and we both had concussion and alot of gravel rash

I am back at work today, and my friend has been quite sickly with it all, worse concussion than me.

My plan with Porsha is to do lots of games and groundwork in the school, then when my hip is better to ride in the school, and then to lead her out alot inhand hacking and then when I am confident again with the whole concrete world I will hack out ridden again.

We are so so so lucky and with Porsha only being backed now for about 2 months its not the best of things to of happened but she is a good girl and I trust her, so we just need to build it up slowly again and thank our lucky stars:)

Cookies in truck loads for reading all of that!:D

how terrible :eek: i am gald you and your friend (and the horses!!) are ok. this sounds like a nigthmare, esp the bolting downhill :eek: (im not a fan of cantering downhill at the best of times, and you have just described my worst nightmare!).

julia
x

omg, sounds like a pretty traumatic hack! very pleased both you and your friend are ok and that the horses are none the worse for their outing either!
good luck getting back on and getting your confidence back, bolting horses is a nightmare and something you hope you'll never have to deal with again.

how terrible :eek: i am gald you and your friend (and the horses!!) are ok. this sounds like a nigthmare, esp the bolting downhill :eek: (im not a fan of cantering downhill at the best of times, and you have just described my worst nightmare!).

julia
x

omg, sounds like a pretty traumatic hack! very pleased both you and your friend are ok and that the horses are none the worse for their outing either!
good luck getting back on and getting your confidence back, bolting horses is a nightmare and something you hope you'll never have to deal with again.

I have only just started falling to sleep at night with happy thoughts again rather than re living that ride, Its the worst hack and fall I have ever had, but it could of been worse. I have decided I am not going to bail out ever again, it hurts too much, But leaving my freind behind like that was just awful!

newrider.com