Tell me about Wintecs....

What puzzled me is that the Wintec is the only saddle she tried and the only one she said would work. I bought it new and was/am happy to pay. I accepted the Wintec initially because although it was the only one she tried on him she said it fit well. So I was happy with that. But yesterday when I said I didn't really like it she said there was no other option without going for made to measure. I assume it's the only one she actually sells! But she should have made that clear imo. I would never have gone with a fitter who had such a limited stock available to her.

I question fitters and saddlers before I even get them out as to what stock and services they offer. I wouldn't ever go with a person who was only willing to deal with one or a couple of brands of saddle as your case proves one shape doesn't fit all.

Problem you will now have is selling that wintec as their second hand value regardless of how little use will not be anywhere near what you paid for it.

I sold Stella's saddle just about a year after I bought it and got over £300 for it and there were literally no marks on it and it was re flocked back to factory before i sold it. So it depreciated nearly £200 in less than 12 months.

newrider.com