Tell me about muck boots

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
My welly has a hole so it’s time for some new boots, how is the fit on muck boots?

I am short, with ridiculously wide feet, narrow heels and not slim calves but most boots I don’t need a wide calf fit, and I need an 8 or 8.5 depending on the shape of the toe. I’m pretty sure they modelled my feet on Fred flintstone’s 🤣

I don't have them, didn't like them when I tried them on, but I'm told the quality isn't what it was. A couple of people at my yard have a cheaper copy that they're very pleased with, if you want I can try to remember to look tomorrow?

Reactions: Jessey
I have the chore ones, mid length as I don't like the long ones, too long for my legs. They come up quite large. I'm usually a 6.5 but even the 6 is roomy. Plenty of room around my calves and ankles without them coming off in the mud. I think they are great, much better grip on this pair than the cheap pair I had before. I also found the cheap ones perished along the edge after one winter and these are still going strong through their 2nd. I find them really comfy to wear and slightly warmer than the cheap ones too. I've only ever had knock off versions before but I'm really pleased with this pair, they cost less than double so well worth it for me.

I had a pair of boots years ago, they were called muck boots. I brought a pair and was very disappointed, they didnt last, split on the foot in no time, and where the plastic part finished and the fabric started they rubbed and pinched me. Put me right off.
Ive just looked up muck boots and the images for what they call muck boots now are totally different to what i brought years ago.

Mine were along the lines of this kind of thing.

I don't have them, didn't like them when I tried them on, but I'm told the quality isn't what it was. A couple of people at my yard have a cheaper copy that they're very pleased with, if you want I can try to remember to look tomorrow?
Yes please 👍🏻

I had a pair of boots years ago, they were called muck boots. I brought a pair and was very disappointed, they didnt last, split on the foot in no time, and where the plastic part finished and the fabric started they rubbed and pinched me. Put me right off.
Ive just looked up muck boots and the images for what they call muck boots now are totally different to what i brought years ago.

Mine were along the lines of this kind of thing.

The dreaded old muckers, yup those just about cripple me. I’m looking at the expensive neoprene welly’s, got to have something for the really wet days and I want something pull on and long to go over my trousers when I start my new job.

Reactions: carthorse
Yep thats it. Just looked up muckers thats what i had.
Cant help with muck boots. So will be interesting to hear reviews.

I love them. I have 2 pairs I bought second hand, one 4 years ago, and the other 2 years ago. They're the comfiest boots I've ever had, and are still going strong. I wish I could afford a new smart pair, but I can't justify it! A little wide around the calf on me, but I have horribly skinny legs!

Used to love them but the last two pairs I had split after a year! I use Boggs now, welly warehouse usually have good deals but I’ve seen them pop up on Amazon with a ‘deal’ too, I buy a size bigger as Boggs tend to be a bit too narrow for my feet and can’t accommodate my extra thick socks and foot warmers if I don’t, this pair I’ve just had for just over a year and they’re still going strong worn every day even in summer.

Reactions: domane and Jessey
The last wellies I bought came from Decathlon. Neoprene lined and priced at £45, they came with a two-year warranty. "Challenge accepted!" thought I, having had about three pairs from various manufacturers split in quick succession. I kept the receipt and even posted a review quoting the two-year warranty.... so confident was I that I'd be smugly demanding my money back fairly swiftly as I'd "only" spent £45.

Well, I'm afraid to say that after many, many hours, days, weeks and months of substantial - but very comfortable use - they finally have a small split...... one month shy of three years! Damn! 😂

Seriously, for the money I've been well chuffed and would buy them again, although they've obviously gone up a bit now.

In case you're interested... hopefully here's a link...

I tried 3 styles of muck boots in 2 sizes today,1 style suited my foot better, the 8 was wide enough but my heel was slopping about, the 7 just strangled my foot in every direction. So I think they’re a no go.

I might try those ones @domane, next time I’m in the city, as it’s an hour each way I can’t justify going just to try.

I found that the muck boots fitted differently by style. Like @Ale I have the Chore which I like, but I really wanted the very insulated ones and they didn't fit my feet.

newrider.com