Swollen paw

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I've already emailed the vet pics and ringing in the morning but one of my semi tame ferals is limping. It's gotten worse and today I can see the pad is looking sore and swollen. Anyone had experience of this? It's not going to be easy catching him, I was rather hoping the vet can help me via the phone and pics. Maybe give painkillers or antibiotics. Please send any spare vibes, he's the nicest cat ever but very timid.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Ouchy, poor puss cat, sending boat loads of vibes for him and you Trewsers.
My old cat lost one of his toe beans, despite being neutered he was always a wanderer, came back one day with his foot twice normal size and thick green puss all over it, he needed antibiotics and pain relief and vet said it looked like he’d cut the pad off on some glass or something and because he’d been off on one of his wandering it had got very septic, hopefully your vet will give you something for your wee man and he recovers just fine. X

Reactions: Trewsers
Ouchy, poor puss cat, sending boat loads of vibes for him and you Trewsers.
My old cat lost one of his toe beans, despite being neutered he was always a wanderer, came back one day with his foot twice normal size and thick green puss all over it, he needed antibiotics and pain relief and vet said it looked like he’d cut the pad off on some glass or something and because he’d been off on one of his wandering it had got very septic, hopefully your vet will give you something for your wee man and he recovers just fine. X
Thank you, I am hoping the vet can either give me some antibiotics over the phone and advice rather than me having to trap him. He's so very timid. Very friendly but on his terms, he'll come and rub around me and will often curl up in the utility room but you can't keep him in.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Just came to check how you’d got on, glad to hear vets posting something out for him, fingers crossed he’ll be back to normal soon x

Reactions: Trewsers
Hows the foot looking now. Has the swelling started to go down?

The loxicon seems so tasty. Ive been giving it to floss in her bowl after shes finished her food and she licks the bowl as soon as i put it in.
Its not fair, the animals get the tasty meds, we humans get prescribed stuff thats vial. My mum has just had one of her meds changed due to a shortage of the tablet form. Shes been precribed the liquid form which which she said is awful. Its also giving her a sore throat and cough.

Hows the foot looking now. Has the swelling started to go down?

The loxicon seems so tasty. Ive been giving it to floss in her bowl after shes finished her food and she licks the bowl as soon as i put it in.
Its not fair, the animals get the tasty meds, we humans get prescribed stuff thats vial. My mum has just had one of her meds changed due to a shortage of the tablet form. Shes been precribed the liquid form which which she said is awful. Its also giving her a sore throat and cough.
Yeah thanks, he's not as swollen, not perfect but better. He stayed in the one night and then next two days turned up early morning, came in and rested for a few hours. Last night was a lovely dry moonlit evening again and he was restless so I let him out. He was getting wild eyed and end of the day he's semi feral so the call of the wild and all that. I still have some of the Loxicom left. I'm hoping he'll be around at some point today - he comes and goes like the rest of them.
Sorry to hear your mum's meds are giving her a cough and bad throat, that's rotten. I hate medicine too lol As a kid I had to drink tons of iron medicine. My mother used to disguise it in dandelion and burdock pop. I didn't touch that stuff for years afterwards!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com