Sweetitch/Fly rug

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
It has turned incredibly mild here reaching 10 degrees during the day and dropping to about 4 at night. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to put the sweetitch rug on as i have spotted midges/flies.

Anyone else started rugging yet?

I started our Tilly who suffers quite badly with sweetitch on the Global Herbs Skratch at the begining of the week, she wouldnt take it for quite a while last year but when she did it worked really well and she didnt need rugging, This year she is already woofing it down

Oddly silver is the same now dizzy - she scoffs it out a bucket without batting an eyelid! Silver has rubbed her tail off already but I wonder if there is something else causin this

I was thinking the same yesterday, when i got Ace in he was covered in midges. It is too early :frown: But did mention getting his hoody out. I have him on the old age from global herbs which is fantastic, but there scratch made no difference sadly. Lami & Sweetitch this year to contend with ARGHHHHHH x x

Skratch made no different to mine either, i have them both on brewers yeast and they have been on this all winter.

I will be washing the tail and putting Benzyl Benzoate on then putting the rug on i think under his rainsheet to to stop the blighters from biting.

S won't be in hers for a while yet....snow due tomorrow and sunday!!! not seen a midge yet.

Ordered Cavalesse which will start using as soon as it arrives, bottle of killitch, rugs washed (inc ride on one) and ready to go on as soon as I spot a bitey bugger! bring on spring and summer...

Put a good amount of Coopers on Jim this afternoon, I definately saw midges today & by the time he came in he was itchy :(

In my humble opinion I think put the rugs on very early, I found that the more I prevented any bites to begin with, the better she coped all year:smile:

Just brought the waterproof liner for my hoody, think i will put it on earlier rather then later especially as his mane is growing back. Has any one tried Sweet Relief?? Brought it ages ago, going to start it in his food tomorrow and hope for a sweetitch free year! x

Harvey doesn't have sweetitch (tested negative) but does have a lot of allergy to tree pollens and he has started suffering this week too. He has two small rubbed bald spots on his nose and is a bit itchy and grumpy. Not sure what my tactic will be this year but will get him a nose net to wear in the field i think starting this week. He still has a full neck m/w turnout on at the moment so is fairly covered.

newrider.com