Sweet Dreams Dennis

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
Sadly in the early hours of the morning little Dennis (the YOs sick 2 year old pony I had written about in the veterinary section) died. He had only seen the vet a few hours earlier and was last checked at midnight. Strangely I couldn't sleep last night and woke around 5am with a severe pain through my stomach. His owner also woke at 5am with the feeling he should go out early and try to feed him he also several times last night thought he should sleep outside with him last night but didn't. Dennis was found flat out this morning by one of the other liveries at 7am. He was still warm when he was taken at half 9.
The blood tests came back as liver failure and sonme other things.

Good night sweet sweet boy taken far too early, you tried to stay so long but in the end the angels needed you back.
Have fun on Rainbow Bridge little man xxx

thanks. Poor little man. Made me feel sick as the person who collected him is the guy who put loki to sleep and took him away so brought it all back.
It's awful how as they were taking him out of the block Every single horse (even those like my 2 who hadn't met him) all stood screaming then fell silent :(

Poor little Dennis. That's so sad, and he was only a baby. :(

How awful for you that it brought back such painful memories of Loki. It must have been heartbreaking enough without that added grief, and the reaction of the other horses.

It is amazing that both you and the owner both woke at 5am, and your stomach hurt. I remember reading the fascinating thread at halloween about spooky happenings, and what you said about your experiences, which are incredible. You must be very psychic, or very lucky. I find it so comforting to think our beloved animals let us know they are still around. I've had a few things happen since losing my gorgeous dog a year ago, and it has helped as I still miss him so much.

Sending hugs to you and Dennis' owner at this very sad time.

newrider.com