Suspected sarcoid and crest toothpaste

shockblue

Oct 8, 2009
Derbyshire
www.ponytailsjewellery.co.uk
Vet came out yesterday to do yearly jabs and also insert an identichip for us. I had felt a little hard lump last week inbetween her front legs and ask vet about it.

She suspects that it's a sarcoid and to buy some crest toothpaste and put it on daily until it goes hard and I can peel it off. If she gets more then we can look I to Liverpool cream.

Has anyone else ever used crest toothpaste? Does anyone know where I can find more sarcoid info?

On a plus note she was very good for her jab and the chip. :bounce: In fact she was better having the chip in because she lent away for the jab.

never used crest toothpaste. the liverpool cream the vet has to come to apply daily so it ends up expensive as they have to visit for 1-2 weeks daily to apply it.

another cream is Efudix which works in the same way

Yes I've read on t'interweb about the success of Crest toothpaste on sarcoids. I think it is linked to the fluoride in it ("flurotherapy") and Crest has the most, apparently.... or summat like that.

Let us know how you get on?

When I first had Mac he had 3 tiny sarcoids which disappeared of their own accord. Recently I found another just starting on the inside of a front leg and someone said cover it in vaseline. I did and the sarcoid went in no time.

Only ever used toothpaste on my spots overnight! Cause it dries them up.
My friend had the Liverpool cream but of course the vet has to come twice a day (I think) and apply it, and it can mount up costs wise.
I think there has been more research done on the sarcoid front, they keep changing their opinions on it. Think Your Horse (try their website) did an article a bit back, you might find some info on there that helps.

Efudix sorted out one of Ferguson's sarcoids and Vodka is currently under treatment.

I will remember the Crest treatment as the cream is arouind £90 a tube.

Leo had a sarcoid come up but it went down again and i think it may be more related to his age than a real one.

Tobes had several when I bought him, and now has none (fingers crossed thats the way it stays). I used Global Herbs Sarc Ex and their Immuplus. I think with him he had several homes in a few months before I bought him and I think his immune system was shot.

Tried a couple of topical applications, but they made them worse.

newrider.com