Subscribers Only area changes

Yes it was originally trewsers reading the description. However im assuming those heading will still exist. Just listed under the main area. Like under ringside chat and before confidence club sections.

Ah, re reading it looks like your going to combine ringside, cafe and sofa.
Dont think we want sub sections under ringside that just complicates things. Could members diaries go down near cat and dogs section, or are you combining it all in ringside.

What about doing an email for members so they know, it might even bring some back if they see the site is being updated or upgraded or whatever.
Assuming that's a copy and paste button click.

Theres lots of members listed still going back to the original site creation i think. It may not be appropriate to send to everyone in this instance. Many will have changed email addresses (so youd get alot of bounce backs) or got out of horses etc and may not wish to be contacted. Especially those that were against the site changes. Maybe theres a way of filtering people that have joined or posted since the major site change and emailing them. However weve had some complete time wasters and spammers that we really dont want back.
Whilest i get sending out an email. This could be quite complicated and alot of work, so may not be practical.

Reactions: carthorse
Maybe active members in the last year?
I guess it depends, some aren't fussed about sharing info anyway.

Maybe rather than trying to do a blanket notification it would work better if those of you who are in touch with members that left asked them if they'd be interested in coming back? You'll know if they're still involved in horses and so are more likely to be interested, plus a personal invite will probably be more appealing.

How about just 'Horse Riders' ? - I do think continuing to cling to calling it New Riders we could be missing and putting off a big section of possible new forum members and I seriously do believe we need to be encouraging as many new people as we can.

I try my very best to stay loyal as I love the ethos and general underlying good nature and helpful content on the forum. However, sometimes even visiting every day reveals nothing new or interesting or further comments on some interesting topics. . Having a rather small and restricted number of regular posters does throw fairly innocuous threads into an unnecessarily confrontational spotlight not intended by opinionated and gobby people like me. Just makes the particular post seem like a huge splash in a very, very small pond. I do feel if we could increase the regular posting from a larger number of new and existing members this sort of thing would be avoided and we could happily discuss (joust even?? ;) ) a much wider range of horse related topics, thereby making forum content more interesting to read and less 'fluffy' and discouraging of alternative opinion.

Unlike certain members I do NOT feel we have driven away the more active and helpful members, life moves on and sometimes more interesting and experienced colourful characters do drift away. But I do think with a really serious re think and presentation this forum could spring to life again and equal if not surpass its glory days and other forums out there that are still attracting far more new members than we do on here ;)
A rebranding may help.
The merge is definitely a good idea.

I have to say I am finding the advert annoying. It's on every page and takes up a fair bit of the screen.
I would rather contribute something annually and not have it, but that's just me.

@newforest the thing is we know the forum is worth a fee, but people who aren't members don't and so if we go down the fee route then the chances are theforum will just get smaller and smaller.

This week alone weve had 12 new members. I know a couple have posted but what about the rest, are they just lurkers or people who have joined then changed there minds. We really need to find a way of capturing these members.
Id love to find a way to get them involved more.

It is possible to have a subscription that would mean you saw no adverts at all. The question is what would you think a fair price for that?
At the moment guests see all the adverts. Members see less - about 3. Annoying as they are it does help to ofset the running costs.

Reactions: Jessey
This week alone weve had 12 new members. I know a couple have posted but what about the rest, are they just lurkers or people who have joined then changed there minds. We really need to find a way of capturing these members.
Id love to find a way to get them involved more.
Being join just to lurk maybe.
Are current active members don't always post, something I don't struggle with. :D
I thought with the lockdown we would have more online and more would find the forum.

Reactions: Trewsers
People do seem to find the forum thats kind of my point 12 in a week is good. I know it might just be a one off. However ive noticed a steady number that have registered since the new year but not posting.
So what do we need to do to get them posting and joining in?

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com