Stuff and things

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jess has been doing really well again, we went out for 40 mins on Thursday night and she was foot perfect sound in front.

I've put her back in a snaffle as I wanted to really focus on improving her topline, and boy do I know it, she is a minx and just knows that in a snaffle she can use her size against me if I let me attention lapse for a second :rolleyes: Just plodding out down a very quiet cul-de-sac (we cut across the grass at the end) and I went to check the time and up goes the nose and off we bugger :eek: why?, because a car doing about 2 mph pulled into a driveway about 25 yards behind us o_O I guarantee if I had the heart rate monitor on her she wasn't in the least bit scared, just having fun at my expense :cool: Sunday we had another good ride for about an hour, still sound as a pound :D still taking the piddle given half a chance too :rolleyes:

Then yesterday I noticed she had a 'thing' on her RF coronet, at first I thought it was a little mud fever type scab as I just noticed the hair ruffled but on investigation it looks like a large boil/blister, maybe 5-6mm across. I figured maybe I caught an abscess just ready to pop so stuck a poultice on it last night, but that came off this morning clean and not stinky, though the boil has reduced a bit????? will see how that looks tonight.

She also had the osteo yesterday, on Thursday she just wasn't giving her hip as easily to the right as to the left and I noticed her last rib felt...different....when I was grooming her. Helen came and Jess was slightly sore in her right lumber, last rib and hip so after a good massage and a few adjustments she got the day off.

They do like to keep us on our toes don't they! Hope the boil is nothing to worry about and I'm sure she's loving having a day off after her massage.

Reactions: Jessey
What bit do you use if you want to relax for a bit? She sounds like Ziggy, always up for taking the piss...

I hope the boil on the coronat turns out to be nothing!

What bit do you use if you want to relax for a bit? She sounds like Ziggy, always up for taking the piss...

I hope the boil on the coronat turns out to be nothing!
She is easiest in a German/English hackamore, she knows she can't wrestle it so doesn't try it on and I can ride on a buckle rein 99% of the time but in the same breath I don't like to hold her into a contact on it because they can be very strong which is why I switched back to the snaffle for contact work. I may end up back in the Pelham as that gives me the best of both worlds, its just a faff with 2 sets of reins when I am leading Hank too.

Last edited:
Mine never tries it on, she is just an opportunist. She would be the one that stops work the minute the teacher leaves the classroom.

Haha, mine jumps to attention the minute the teacher (RI) steps into the classroom :D She can no longer give me the words for transitions because he acts on it straight away, especially downward ones. I'm sure he's supposed to be listening to me, not her!

Glad Jess is feeling so good, hope her little boil thingy disappears without issue.

newrider.com