Storm Brendon, anyone's horse notice?

Jess, Hank and Dan couldn't care less, but Indie was a bit reactive but it's a new home, with new noises, he's still in his own paddock for now and it's the first time in his life that he's lived out, so I can't really blame him, hopefully he'll be calmer for the next one :cool:

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I rode in the high winds Tuesday morning and he w as rather sprightly even by his standards, not helped by it being dustbin day so plenty of excuses for a laugh. High winds bother him far less than driving rain, that he really hates and will get stroppy about being ridden in - interestingly that'll show the difference in how he views riders, for me or someone competent he'll scowl and get on with it at maximum speed within the given pace, for someone he views as less capable he'll nap and whip round back to his stable. Riders of any level have to be alert if passing potential shelter, if they aren't they're liable to end up in a bus shelter and I've known him make a dive at open front doors! He HATES rain to a degree that's ridiculous for a native :D

We 've had a couple of really windy days this week. I had to bring G in during one of them. Her paddock is up a slope, on top of a hill, so quite exposed and she was bucking and broncking all the way down the slope, which is unlike her. I get stressed during windy weather myself so wondered if she had picked up on my vibes, but apparently she behaved like it again for one of the staff yesterday when they brought her in. Oops! Haha.

I don't ride solo in windy weather because Albi was an idiot so it's my problem. I'll hack out in company in windy weather because G generally doesn't give a monkey's.... so I dunno what's got into her this week!!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I rode in the high winds Tuesday morning and he w as rather sprightly even by his standards, not helped by it being dustbin day so plenty of excuses for a laugh. High winds bother him far less than driving rain, that he really hates and will get stroppy about being ridden in - interestingly that'll show the difference in how he views riders, for me or someone competent he'll scowl and get on with it at maximum speed within the given pace, for someone he views as less capable he'll nap and whip round back to his stable. Riders of any level have to be alert if passing potential shelter, if they aren't they're liable to end up in a bus shelter and I've known him make a dive at open front doors! He HATES rain to a degree that's ridiculous for a native :D
Mine hates shelters if it's raining She comes out of the shelter as she doesn't like the sound on the roof.

Mine made me laugh today as I we pulled into a layby to let a van pass. He stopped and said I've gone wrong I will be coming back. So I waited.
When she saw them coming back she sighed. And when we started off walking she did her famous head toss. Almost as if she was thinking 'ruddy traffic' :D

• Haha
Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com