Storing Hay

Does the garage have cars in it? Hay will absorbed the smell and taste of oil.

Also, is it dry? That's the most important thinks. If it is slightly damp you could alway get one of these dehumidifyer machine thingy's.

I keep my 200 bales in the garage. It's not completely ideal - I have to raise it off the floor, but it's better than nothing. I should think you'll be fine - you don't have to worry about the high humidity that we have here. Unless your garage is airtight, I wouldn't worry about it, it should be fine.

I have about 15 in my small garage at the mo. I can only store 10 at the yard and I had to empty the box out for taking Bry to the vets on Monday. They are stacked up on pallets.

One thing you can do then, is get all of DH's tools and put them in the downstairs bathroom, stack your gardening stuff outside on the patio becuase you can find somewhere for it in a minute, and then you'll have space for 200 bales. Yay !

Worked for me. Mind you, we can't get in the bathroom, and my secateurs are all rusty. But we've got hay !

Yeah, they should be fine in your garage - as PL says, so longas no car fumes / oil around. Pallets are a good idea, when we store the small haylage bales in the out house we put them onto a pallet - just to keep them off the floor - but mainly in case it floods.

newrider.com