still looking.....

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
.... for a pony. Had a second viewing of the gate jumping pony and it was clear my daughter was very nervous on her and the pony seemed quite sensitive to her nerves and was rushing a bit. Hardly surprising but makes the pony a no go really. First ponies are about playing and having fun! If you feel anxious and the pony is too inexperienced to help you out that's not going to be a good partnership. Shame as she was a smashing little pony. Just not quite right for them yet. Ideal second pony if amyone is looking!!

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
I wondered how it was going as I read your other thread about this pony. Ah well better to keep looking than make your daughter nervous. Sometimes (in my limited experience) you can almost have beginners luck on a horse / pony that can turn out to be too much for a first horse. I know your lass coped well, but sometimes I think we can all run on adrenalin and spur of the moment but when we have time to reflect (even as a kid) it can prove too much a second time. There's plenty more out there as you already know.

Reactions: KP nut
Sure you don't need 3 ponies...2 for yourself??? ;-)

She did sound lovely, but I agree, not ideal as a first pony!

newrider.com