Starting Dressage Lessons today!!

alliecatalex

Aug 29, 2004
Washington (USA)
Visit site
So I started taking westerngaming and pleasure lessons about two months ago at a barn and they were my first lessons I have had, even though I have been riding my whole life. I love the facility, and the riding instructor is really nice...but she is almost too nice...she never really corrects me, or gives me specific things to work on...and I am taking lessons to become better and I feel like I havent improved a lot, but I do feel like I have learned a bit from her. So anyways...I am going to try dressage lessons at another barn today because I love riding english too and I cant just choose. I havent decided what barn I will take lessons at yet...I guess I will have to see how my dressage lesson goes and how much I like the instructor.

I may take a lesson at each barn every other week because I cant afford to have two lessons a week at each barn, and I want to stick with riding both western and english. What would you do?

oh yes, and here is the barn where I will be taking dressage lessons from today...
http://www.geocities.com/creekside_stables/
not the best website, but you get the idea

Good luck. I love dressage lessons! And I would think most dressage instructors will really work on correcting your riding and lots of details to help you improve yoour position and connection with the horse. Best of luck.

Hey there

hello.. im a dressage rider.. and have been riding working 2nd level! :D its so much fun.. and i know you will love it.. you just have to be a dedicated rider! i checked out the barn.. and it seems ok.. i mean.. not top notch.. but its decent! the riders look nice... maby not my style of riding.. but they look nice! i think that if you go there itll be a better rout for you then doing western.. and my advice with you wanting to do the Western and Dressage.. not so good.... because, Western will mess with your Dressage position.. or Dressage will mess with your style of riding for western.. i was a western rider for almost 1 year.. and let me tell ya.. when i went to dressage.. holy cow! it took a long time to get a position.. now im always working on a good position.. and im doing 2nd level!

Glad i can help ya! :)
Jaclyn

I loved creekside!

I used to ride at Creekside. Sheryl is super nice, and has a lot of interesting lesson horses (some VERY talented, some not so much but they try really hard). She will definitely tell you if you're doing something wrong. She's not the best at explaining new things. You sort of try it a bunch of ways and she'll tell you when you get it right. Fun barn with lots of nice people. Wish I still lived close enough to ride there since the lessons are such a great deal $-wise

newrider.com