Stables/Yard - a work in progress

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
I am SO excited, I literally welled up this morning

So we moved here 16 months ago and although the location is wonderful, other than a relatively modern barn for hay/straw , the house and stables could have done with a stick of dynamite and a re-build :( At times it’s been depressing and doing it up is not going to be something we can do quickly, it will a little bit at a time.

And so of course, I have my priorities in the right order and the stables are being done :D

The builder arrived this morning so I will get some before pics and post pics of the progress! So excited!

Oh yes lots of photos!!!

I'm just so glad the house and buildings here were awesome. Not set up for horses/goats but we are getting there.
It was really really nice that the house itself was just fine as it was.
The unfinished inlaw is not a big rush to have to finish and will end up being a super massive master bedroom.

But your totally right on location- buildings etc can be changed or built the location wont change.

Reactions: CharliesAngel
exactly @horseandgoatmom we moved here because i was so miserable in our last house. The house,stables and land were amazing, it even had an arena and the house was like something out of an interiors brochure but the location and the area were awful :(

so here is the before (what a mess :( functional though)
VnkeozU.jpg

and just about to start work...
fWGiSr7.jpg

the open barn at the back needs some work to re-support the roof; the left side is being made into a secure store and the right will be a foaling box. The 3 stables on the right are being re-done with partitions and new doors, the whole lot os being paved and then fenced off.

Last edited:
As long as a place is functional I am pretty happy.
Looking forward to the after photos.
My before and after only shows stables and then a pile of rubble where they were.

so the inside of the new box is taking shape :D and there is a secure store next to it.
yard3_zpsomizy4td.jpg

and the first of the 2 boxes on the other side has been done, there is an internal door which leads down steps into a feed/rug store, it used to be a workshop and it’s been a lot of work to clear it all out
yard1_zpsoszineea.jpg

thanks :) cant wait to see the rest get done, the floor has to get done in the foaling box and once the other doors are done then the yard is being scraped back and hardcored before we pave it all. We have decided to bite the bullet and replace the roof as well as it’s going to stick out like a sore thumb eek

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
They are looking well already, replacing the roof will make a big difference to the overall look of the place, plus no leaks will be a godsend I am sure once winter arrives.;):D

newrider.com