Splurge warning!

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
well it's been an expensive couple weeks!

Had the physio out to look at Peds back as he was complaining when I brushed him and walking away when I tacked up. She agreed with my diagnosis of sore back caused by saddle being a smudge long. So she worked her magic and left me with some excerises to do with him.

Then the saddle fitter was out yesterday. I had decided to exchange my dressage (which I had bought from them about 18 months ago) for a GP as I want to start to do some small jumping with him and I don't feel all that secure hacking at speed in the dressage. So she brought a few saddles with her.

We tried on two. One a cob saddle, that was waaaay too long, but just to see for fit and style. Then a pony GP with under run gussets, making it even shorter on his back. It looked much better on him. Was well away from where the sore bits had been, so we girthed up and I rode in our field.

Fitter was very thorough. Had me walk and trot both reins, circles etc. (I chose not to canter as it's still a work in progress and he hadn't been ridden in two and a half weeks!) he pratted about a bit, spooking at rubbish in the fence but I felt very secure and could stick my knees into the knee rolls (which suprised me as the saddle isn't that forward cut) she then checked the clearance with me on and the saddle settled a bit more, changed the girthing and got me to put my stirruos up to jumping length and ride around again (I did some jumping position too - which I have to say I'm rather rubbish at! Lol!) all felt good and fitter happy with it.

I'd had to send photos of him before she came and she had managed to bring exactly the right size for him!! I thought she'd have to go away and come back with the correct size or have one made with altered bits, but no I am delighted to say we have a new brown GP saddle.

I can't wait to ride tonight! (Think I'll go in the school first just incase and then a wee pootle round the block)

I have saddle envy! I HATE my saddle and can't wait for my saddle fitting next week. Hope it all goes well tonight!

An Andrea Hicks Siena sport GP. Ride tonight went well. Just bit the bullet and went straight out! He was a wee angel <3 didn't spook at anything! Looked at lots but it was more like "ooh, I've not been here in ages! It all looks so beautiful!" Was only out for about 15 mins, but we'll go further tomorrow.

I have a pic, but I can never get them to load from my phone, always says too large and I'm not sure how to resize! I'll have a bash though!!

I love her saddles. Loved my dressage but I didn't feel safe in it when cantering in stubble last year, and I want to start jumping again so it wasn't too good for that either!

Have to say, I can't wait to ride tomorrow! Going to take it easy while we both get used to it though. :)

newrider.com