Spirit of The Horse

qwerty

Missing duke :'(
Apr 21, 2001
Lancashire, England
spaces.msn.com
Has anyone else seen this or going to see this on it's tour?

I went last night and it was amazing!! The horses and the riders were amazing and so talented. I really miss my dressage now! It was lovely to see the Fresians too. Reminded me so much of Duke, and finally my BF believes a fresian isn't just a cow!!:p
There was the odd time when I wondered if the horse was actually enjoying it, but for the most part they looked like they were having a ball!!

i went a couple of years ago and thought it was great :) there was a lot of impressive stuff, i went with a group including my RI and after she kept bringing it into my riding lesson which made my life quite hard :p there were a few bits that i wasn't keen on but most of it showed some high school stuff which i admire. the palomino that was there when i went to see it didn't look amused i must say, if it was a mare it could be that she was in season for instance.

I have been and i will be going again and taking OH and Mum when i do!!!

i loved it!!! magnificent and the horses were all soooo well groomed and healthy!!!

Nikki xxxx

Saw it a couple of years back with my daughter and there was some stunning horsemanship and beautiful horses. Some people werent happy with what they described as the "circus tricks" - rearing up in a group - you know the sort of thing, but the horses looked well cared for to me.

I saw it last year, it was good. Can't remember if it was in spirit of the horse or another I went to see, but I remeber the rider going down the horse, underneath and back up the other side. [Round the stomach] all whilst the horse was cantering round in the circle. That took some doing.:eek: :eek:

haha yeah the people from Mongolia did that!

Technically I've done some stuff similar to what they did...hanging off with one foot etc...I just didn't mean to!!!;)

I managed to get complimentary tickets from my BF's company but tickets start at around £16 each.
If you see posters in any shop windows, they usually have half price offers!

The horses were amazing though. All the loud noise and lights and they didn't bat an eyelid! And the Pegasus horse with those wings...wow!

its on near where i live, i was dozing (sunbathing) in the field where it was on, opened my eyes when i heard hoofbeats and a huge black fresian was galloping past me! thought id died and gone to heaven....especially when i chestnut arab mare got turned out in one of the electric fenced paddocks and started pirouetting and pracing about - beautiful.

I went a few years ago and enjoyed a few of the "acts", but wasn't impressed by others. The lady with the arabs was amazing, but in several of the act the horses looked unhappy and bored.

i wwent a couple of years ago too - it looked great and the acts were entertaining, but the horses didn't seem very happy. even some of the arabs were listless and one refused to do anything at all. in the 'stables' area every single horse without fail had it's ears back and was trying to bite people even when they were'nt close at all, pulling faces and tails swishing etc.
it was very sad and ruined the magic for me.

newrider.com