sorry-dragon driving. :(

Ggrrrrr! Sending me to Dragon Driving! Makes me want them all.

Poor thing, says "mouthed" yes sir, you are yanking at the poor things mouth I can see, is that what you mean by mouthed?

Poor filly, I know. Every time I look on DD (which is every day) I see more lovely coblets being ridden too young. And badly.

They must have fantastic temperaments, to put up with all that.

18 months with that big lump on board. Ridiculous.

Perhaps it a typing error, it has a lot of mane and feather for 18 months.

Still don't like the way he is hanging on to its mouth like that MAD.

That poor baby's age aside, why do they ALWAYS insist on thinking that we want to see the horse "high-stepping" with it's head and nose in the air and it's ear's flat back.....? :banghead:

Its not a typing error..Hes a well known and despised dealer up here..Hes known for buying loads of donkeys and youngsters at markets..usually Beeston and the like and selling them before they,re 2.Most are riddled with worms and desperately underweight.The ones he sells.....are the lucky ones :(

That poor baby's age aside, why do they ALWAYS insist on thinking that we want to see the horse "high-stepping" with it's head and nose in the air and it's ear's flat back.....? :banghead:

Is high stepping part of the breed type?

Is high stepping part of the breed type?

As far as I can tell, the desired attributes of a gypsy cob (any size) are:

Sturdy, well boned body ("she is as wide as she is tall"), good conformation, short back, apple bum, strong legs.

Ample mane, tail and feather ("mane to his knee", "wedding dress tail", "walking on feather").

Attractive "pony type" head with big eyes and small ears.

Good markings or interesting colour.

Excellent, placid temperament and -

Smart, showy movement, ideally with plenty of knee and hock action. They are described as "stepping cobs" on DD, as in "he steps for fun". You can see from some of the comments on DD that people prefer the horse or pony to have this action naturally, rather than to have to be shod with heavy shoes or long toes to encourage it. Here at least we do better than the USA!

You can imagine that when these were working cobs, pulling greengrocers' carts etc, a showy stepping action would add a lot to the eye-catching quality of a turnout.

Poor little filly. There is a dealer near me who does a similar thing. When I drop my son off at school I often see him riding very young horses. It's very sad.

Wha the hell is wrong with people.....this is the reason why some horses carry so much baggage and issues and its all because they have been unlucky in there owners absolute bloody idiots with absolutely no idea....YOU NUMPTIES...you dont deserve to own anything:stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp:

Yeurgh! Those are those horrible mini-cobs again... nasty fashion, just nasty....

newrider.com