Sooo the business bit of the expensive hack...

georgie1

Jul 23, 2006
Cornwall
First of all can i thank all of you who posted comments and encouragment to my thread yesterday...it was just wonderful and made me feel like i wasn't alone with this big decison :D

Right went and had 'the chat' (ooer) and i have officially said i will buy her!!!!! OMG!!!

Sorted a few details and will be now starting the job of insurance, vetting and general panicking!!!

I have been a nervous wreck all day....just because in my head i had made the decision. She was out when i got to the RS so we couldn't measure her height for the insurance or measure her for rugs.

As i am keeping her where she is, the owner has kindly agreed that i can keep using her tack until i can arrange a saddler.

Sooooooo technically in a few weeks i will be horse owner :eek: (ignore me, i may start hyperventilating.

I am excited, nervous, sick, delighted, scared and possibly a bit unhinged all at the same time!!!

Going to take her out on Saturday on her own....my first ever solo hack, to see how she is, which is quite important.....good grief...the stress:D I know I know this is just that start isn't it!!!

Thanks

Gx

Well done you - I'm sure you will give her a good home.

You can now officially join the ranks of the totally hard-up, no money for anything except your horse group of nutters commonly called horse owners!!

YAY!!! thats so exciting!!!!
will make it a lot easier that she is staying where she is too, no stress/settling in time for her so you can start enjoying her straight away!
cant wait to start seeing updates & pics :)
xxx

Awww thanks guys.....that made me laugh Doris....yes i will be very proud to join the skint society, I do love that pony.

Vicky&Milo...in her passport it says she is 15hh but we believe that was said as what she will 'make' as i really dont think she is so we will have a check.

Rokx...Very excited and a slightly bit terrified at the same time, will definately get some photos on Saturday when we go for our solo hack where i may have to have a hip flask at the ready!!! he he

Gx

Yeay! Congratulations! :D

Don't worry about the nerves - it's all part of "New Owner Syndrome" - LOADS of us have been through it and survived.... just remember to warn your family about "horse-time". There is real time and there is horse-time. As in "I'm just popping to the yard for half an hour" and then reappearing back at home some two hours later :p

Well done you - I'm sure you will give her a good home.

You can now officially join the ranks of the totally hard-up, no money for anything except your horse group of nutters commonly called horse owners!!

Sounds about right!!!

Bought my first in October - 6 months before I was planning to buy and when I had only half of the money saved up!!:rolleyes:

I'm still paying off all my start up costs - rugs, feed, buckets, wheelbarrow, shavings fork, grooming kit etc but hey - that's what credit cards are for!!!:D

Oh H-ll Yes!!

I've forgotton what its like to have a manicure, like to pay somebody to groom ME:eek:

Well done I've never regretted having nags to spend all my time and money on because they are just so big, beutifull and rewarding:D
*hands out sick bags to everyone*

It's so nice to read such a postive thread - I can feel your excitment. It's great that you are keeping her at the same yard and I am sure that you will have years of fun ahead of you.

OOOH OOOOH Domane I have that thing called Horse Time, when I say to my OH just poppin down the GGs for a minute he just gives me that look which says yeah right:rolleyes: What a downer about the rug size, Horsebox is having a rug sale you could have started on the road to poverty straight away.:D

newrider.com