Sometimes I really Hate my Job (WARNING RANT!)

polly88

Jun 5, 2012
cornwall
Men have really P***ED me off this morning, a girl in a mans world is not fun, especially a younger woman, the presume I know B*GGER ALL! I work as a customer liaison officer now and again and dealing with customers that think they can win is horrible. We don't do a customer is always right policy cause you get some right old T**T's that think they know it all, my boss has been in this business longer than I have been alive and all his knowledge I know or at least can relay to the customer. But some people this morning have tried to swindle us out of money thinking we don't know what the product is well they are wrong! and if they think they are going to get it for £50 under the asking price then they are most certainly wrong - I am not here to haggle I am here to tell you the price no matter what other's of the same item are selling at! GRRR! Sorry to men on here I am sure you are all really nice!

And breathe..............hehehehe. I know sometimes think that things haven't moved on from the 80's! I remember way back when I started work in 1988 - it was so funny, girls and ladies weren't even meant to wear trousers to work, it was really really frowned upon in our company. How things have changed...................

I remember being shocked when my mum was told to 'came back with your husband dear' when trying to apply for a loan in her own right!

Recently I booked a holiday, organised and paid for the whole thing myself, paid all the additional stuff at the hotel and it was me that dealt with hotel reception etc during our stay. OH did his usual and just sat back while I did it all.

So, the day we check out, the receipts and feedback forms are handed over to me ALL made out to my husband!! 'Dear Mr. xxx, I hope you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you will book again' etc, etc.

Makes me livid! :stomp:

I used to be the only female working in an all male team, however since we expanded there are now females in the team, all of whom i manage bar one as they respond better to me than my male counterpart!. Men are useless at managing women. lol

I remember years ago when I was at Agricultural College I past one of my exams with 100% think it was accounts and records and I remember one of the male lecturers commenting on how I could now be a farm secretary :stomp::stomp:

I blew my top saying if I wanted to be a farm secretary I would be at secretarial college.:banghead:

That was back in the day when not many girls were training in Agriculture but I had the last laugh passing in the top 10% of my course even though I was one of the few that didnt come from an Agricutural background Ie not a farmers daughter :wink:

Still feel it today. In an engineering role just as good and qualified if not much more efficient and organised than my male counterparts. However if there is a big meeting in the office i am always asked to make tea or stay behind and answer phones!

I did call my boss out on this once by asking if he was being sexist because he hadnt asked my colleague whether he would make the teas. I got a very stuttered apology and was never asked again and got very highly recomended by him for managerial type roles in the future when i went on another secondment!!!!

Are its still about then, the sexist thing. I am going to be sexist and say I think men are lazier than women by nature:redcarded:........I am running for the hills right now:giggle:

Running is good for you Tina!!!

My mum is an engineer too. She was the first female engineer at John Bron Portsmouth so has always been a trail blazer.

I'd rather work with all men than all women any day. Can't stand gaggles of women.

I'd rather work with all men than all women any day. Can't stand gaggles of women.

Ditto, which is one reason working in engineering isn't so bad after all! I may only be a lowly administrator but thankfully I'm the only one in this project team of 15 blokes - there is no way I could tolerate being in the admin team with all the women. No thanks! :banghead:

I totally agree that I would rather work with men than women and as there is 7 people in our office in total and 2 of us are women who never talk to each other as do totally different things its good. Though when a customers phones up and asks to speak to a man that knows what he is talking about without asking me first I get very irritated! Especially as the one thing they wanted to know about today is something my Dad designed in the 80's and I know everything about!
I have had a better afternoon no sods to deal with. I almost told my boss I am good at what i do but customers is not one of them! I just want to clank their heads together! Off to the horses now which should chill me out a bit :D (sorry know its not horse area but it summed up my day!)

I am assistant manager of a quarry and asphalt plant and whenever we get visitors they assume I am the receptionist and always ask to speak to someone in charge and are pretty shocked when I can deal with their questions. Also I will get on the loading shovel when we are short staffed and the amount of wagon drivers who come in to be loaded who look shocked to see a woman on the machine and do chauvanist things like putting their hard hats on in case I hit them I know they are joking but it does get my goat up sometimes, when i took my shovel test I was the first one of the group (11 men and me) to pass and got the highest mark.

newrider.com