Some more bad news

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I am now single :(

Any tips for coming out the other side of this?

Oh @Ale I'm sorry to read that, especially if it wasn't what you wanted. But we've all been through it, it's shitty, it hurts. Time is the best healer with these sort of things and keep yourself busy, although I know you're always busy anyway, can you meet up with friends a few times in the week/weekend? In the long run I think you will look back and see things more clearly and that maybe it was for best. Sending hugs!

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
Sorry to hear this Ale my advise would be cry, lots if you want too. Then start remembering who you are and what you want in life then go for that.

You don't need a man next to your to achieve things it is nice if you find one that helps you but not the end of the world if you don't.

Oh and take it from me after ten years with my ex husband I thought my world would end......Well looking back I am glad me broke up I am a different women now and stupidly happy with how things have turned out

Sorry for the upset you are going through. @OwnedbyChanter has given you words of wisdom. Embrace being single again and the freedom to suit yourself when ever you please. When the time is right I am sure your Mr Right is out there somewhere just waiting to be found ;)

Reactions: MrA and lauren123
To be honest, it may feel bad - But those of us who read your NR posts about your partner over many years, and the way it affected your decisions and indecision about your career, where you would live, etc. may feel that a fresh start is exactly what you need.
And indeed you took the first steps to an adult independent life when you moved out of your parents' house and found a place of your own. That changed the balance. You sound to be doing fine Ale - with the animals, the course, your job, your bike - As long as you can still manage your rent on your own.

I am with @Skib on this. This is actually great news. You posted several times over the years how unhappy you were with him, how he didn't want to move in with you and that you wanted to end it. You have done so much these last few months. You have moved out of home, you are doing well at work, you are doing your animal course, you post increasingly about friends coming round and you even had that party last week. Your life is moving forward and go and enjoy it. While it may feel overwhelming to lose the security of someone by your side, you really don't need him. This is the start of much better things to come.x

I am now single :(

Any tips for coming out the other side of this?

Aw, sorry to read this. But. You are so capable and have made some life changing decisions this last twelve months like moving out of your parents etc then I honestly feel you'll cope just fine. It will feel weird at first but I know from reading your posts that you are good at looking for the best in things and will soon embrace singledom;):) bet it doesn't last long tho! You are so young and pretty, you'll be fending new suitors off in no time at all:D

I've nothing to add to the great advice you've been given, but just wanted to say sorry you're having a tough time :( Chin up x

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you all. I knew I could rely on you all for such good advice.

I know it was the right thing to do, it was my decision and we agreed and will attempt to be friends when we are ready so it could of been alot worse.

Just so difficult now as I don't have many other people in my life however guess I just have to keep going and trying. Bit lost at the moment I'm sure it'll get easier with time.

Thanks again

Aww, Ale! Sorry to read this, matey. Ditto all of the above, cry lots but I'm sure that you will be fine.... You've always struck me as a strong individual xxxx

I am another who feels this is a breath of fresh air.
You were not happy and didn't appear to be on the same page for a lot of things.
Now you have moved out you will grow as a person and be more independent, it possibly made you realise that you had actually drifted.
I think I wrote similar when you moved out that it could make you rethink a few things.

As for being lost, you can find things to do if you really need to. Your local paper will have listings of any nearby theatre productions, cinemas etc. I have been with a few friends and I am happily single. It's actually nice to do what I want, when I want and no one is tapping their feet wanting me to cook, but liking what I cook! In fact I don't even need to cook :D

Last edited:
Just you get used to people being around, if something happened now I don't really have anyone I can turn to. And I will miss him but yes you are right there was alot wrong with it too. I'm not easy to get along with so I don't really know what the future will hold but better to be alone then unhappy

I am off tomorrow I intend to just keep busy and get things done and will go from there.

Good for you Mrs. Time to be selfish and think of yourself and what you want in life.
It will hurt for a while but slowly you’ll start to see the positives about being on your own. Time to do as you please, no feeling of guilt if you’re not always there for him. I think your growing independence is providing you with the guts you needed. It’s always nice to think you’ll have a shoulder to lean on in times of trouble, but when you’re on your own you do cope. I’ve inadvertently built up a network around me of friends and family who have been fantastic, especiallly when flipo was ill last year. They did more for me than any bloke could (and let’s face it, a bloke will always disappoint hehe!!)
Take a breath, feel the sadness but just know that it will get easier.

Reactions: Cortrasna and MrA
Why do you think you are not easy to get on with? I am sure that is not true at all. Sounds to me like you seriously lack confidence in yourself.

Just a different outlook on life and interests than lots of people I guess

Well then you need to find and mix with people who do have the same interests. You already share a lovely horse and you get on with the owner so that is one friend straight away with a mutual interest. What about the people on your course? Is there any potential friends there? I think that you own rats (is that right)? We own reptiles and there are loads of reptile clubs around. Perhaps join a rat club, there is bound to be one out there.

It is scary to face such a big life change, especially when you have been together so long, but you just need to take a deep breath and get out there. We are all here for you to sound off to if things don't go well straight away, but try to look on this as an exciting time. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. x

Reactions: MrA and Cortrasna
You mix with who you meet, I know that's obvious but with interests there will be hundreds out there who share them.
This forum is one, it's an interest. I like chatting, people might have guessed :)
I am not a fan of fb one iota, but, it also has groups and pages that are local to you. I imagine. Maybe you could join some?

Reactions: MrA and Cortrasna
newrider.com