Solo Hacking - think we might have finally cracked it :-)

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
Some of you will know that I have had ongoing confidence problems with Arnie. With lots of help from some very good friends (some of them I met through here;)), I am slowly but surely getting there.

We are now happy out and about in company, even if he plays up. I still have major issues with my local circuit and going out solo.

Last night though, we had another wee go at it. And I think we might just have got it sussed:D.

Obviously, it was a calm night, no scary winds or anything happening but off we went. We managed walk, trot and a nice calm canter. Hubby was watching for me out the window as I was gone far longer than he expected.

I think this was the breakthrough we have been waiting for. Its the first time ever that I just wasnt nervous at all.

Finally, I am enjoying my boy:eek::D - roll on summer:cool:

Excellent :D

You have come so far with him, I remember when you were so nervous of getting on him, and now you are cantering about and competing :D

aww thats awesome! i has a similar experience solo hacking Moet a couple of weeks ago, went for our third solo hack and she was so good we even cantered twice!! i NEVER thought i would do that with her!!!

thanks for the votes of support:D. I feel we have been battling this for ages now - its the same thread I keep making:eek:.

We tried again tonight and it was nearly brilliant - we had a blip in the middle with a very large tractor that refused to slow down but he did settle after a bit of a paddy.

I think we are nearly there though:D

Kit&Holly, hacking in company holds no fears for me now - even in very heavy traffic - we'll get over once the nights are lighter.

I luffs my boy:D

newrider.com