So once the ground dries up Im going to turn Ale away..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Well hopefully, in a small paddock with hopefully a quiet horse for company. Or horses in neighbouring fields for company. And that will probably be it until next spring..

Until then I will continue with keeping him in, trying to get this pen built and walking him out once the vet gives the okay.

What are your thoughts on this? When a horse is turned away presumably it is okay to keep them in at night still? I just don't think I can bear trying to ride him so soon for fear of damaging it again

Personally, its what I would do.

I would get him out as soon as you can and you could always do some inhand work with him, agility at walk etc to build the muscles back up.

You could maybe ride someone elses a few times a week? If you were close to me you could ride Sam to keep you going but it is a long way on your bike:giggle:

I just can't get him out at the moment because of the mud. But hopefully the pen will be sorted soon, fingers crossed and he can always go in the school once he is up to it.

I can't ride another horse at my yard. He gets too upset and calls constantly and kicks the door bless him. I'm working 6 full days a week now anyway so don't have much time, as long as I get some horsey hugs then its all good

I just can't get him out at the moment because of the mud. But hopefully the pen will be sorted soon, fingers crossed and he can always go in the school once he is up to it.

I can't ride another horse at my yard. He gets too upset and calls constantly and kicks the door bless him. I'm working 6 full days a week now anyway so don't have much time, as long as I get some horsey hugs then its all good

Do you think that if he's out of his stable, with a calm companion, that he'd still fuss?

We are just waiting for last nights deluge damage to dry up in Charlies paddock on the Hill and then he is going out up there during the day for a couple of days in at night and if alls well then he will go back out 24/7 - his foot seems okay now but since the hunt upset a week ago and then something that set him back on Saturday he just does not want to go out in the top paddock at the yard, would rather stay in the safety of his stable which is totally not like him - hes out today but running round like a loony and will be stressed again - Acorn is in week 13 of recover for his hamstring injuries and is improving slowly, he needs to build muscle up ,as soon as the weather is good enough and the land dry enough he will be turned away to recover and strengthen, swear by it - he needs to use it however unpleasant it looks at times.

newrider.com