So angry for Mr T!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
She has struck again. Received a text last night. "Can you ring me I need a favour next week". Anyhoo, Mr T has been very lucky lately and is getting lots of new work - he loves his work and really wants to impress some of the newer clients. Hence working from 8am till midnight most nights!!! But, its all good. So, he gets another querelous (sp) text from MIL this morning. Demanding he ring her. Now he is slap bang in the middle of a design for someone - they have customers waiting to view it, so very urgent. So, he sends her a text asking what she wants and telling her he's very busy.
Finally, she stops being cryptic and tells him what she wants (why she can't ring us I really do not know!!!). She wants him to collect his 10 year old nephew next week one day. Pick him up (this means an hour trip car wise) look after him for the afternoon and then drop him off. All in all, taking up best part of a day. Why? Because his sister has decided she is going to one of her husband's distant cousins funeral! And, MIL has a routine docs appointment - that could easily be rescheduled. Anyhoo, Mr T texts her back and explains how busy he is etc and guess what - she sends a snouty reply: THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!! Its my mothers birthday next week as well, but we aren't going there either due to work pressure, but she's not interested in that.
Now, I am angry for him as he has a lot on his plate right now, and I don't just mean work. We are both having problems health wise and are quite worried. I just think she needs to get over the whole thing but it looks like she's sulking. It has had the desired effect on him, as he's upset - but really he should be concentrating on his job and not worrying about his mother's tantrums!
So annoyed for him, but glad he's stood up to her. Normally he'd have given in and done as he was told. Sorry for the rant, just had to rant!!!!

wwe-raw-3033-2.jpg

Drop elbow the MIL (and rumple at the same time)

You know it makes me so cross reading your posts about MIL Trewsers, why are people so bloody manipulative! She clearly plays on the fact the Mr T loves her and upsetting her is upsetting for him, I'd quite like to come over to yours and tell her to lie down while I fan her with a brick! Horrible, nasty, spiteful woman.
She's very lucky in my eyes in that you both still have contact with her, yes I know she's his mother but by goodness she doesn't deserve his or your love and patience. I think if it were me I would have disowned her years ago and I don't think the old dragon realises just how lucky she is! Grrr I'm angry for you.

Reactions: Rubic and Trewsers
Thanks guys - She makes me feel so awful - I hate falling out and it saddens me that she can turn so quickly over something not worth bothering over.
He is a good son to her but its never enough. He really does try hard but atm work has to come first. He told her we aren't managing to go see my mum next week - so it isn't like we have one rule for my family and another for his. I just think she throws tantrums wherever her grandson is concerned and god help anyone who gets in the way! Her hospital appointment is not life or death - its to see the foot person - she sees them every month because of an ongoing issue and I am pretty sure she could re-schedule.

Would Mr T like to swap mobiles with me. She won't know his new number and I can't get a signal where I live! :D ....and should she get hold of me on the rare occasion (once a year) I actually take the phone into range I could have just a splendid time with her.

And to add to the stress the insurance are mugging me about. Garage are saying insurers are adamant we are VAT insured when we are not! Also they are saying our excess is more - its not. Oh dear. And - just had my orange phone bill which is £235 - this was a huge shock as we thought we were on a very economical package.

Would Mr T like to swap mobiles with me. She won't know his new number and I can't get a signal where I live! :D ....and should she get hold of me on the rare occasion (once a year) I actually take the phone into range I could have just a splendid time with her.

Hehee. You have NO idea how much I would like to live in Shetland. I am still dreaming of being able to get up there. She will never manage the journey and I can fib about having a landline!!!

And to add to the stress the insurance are mugging me about. Garage are saying insurers are adamant we are VAT insured when we are not! Also they are saying our excess is more - its not. Oh dear. And - just had my orange phone bill which is £235 - this was a huge shock as we thought we were on a very economical package.

wow - that is a huge bill? Is your bill itemised?

wow - that is a huge bill? Is your bill itemised?

Yeah - I know why its so big as we thought we had down graded and knocked off the broadband dongle for the ipad. Well, they knocked that off but we didn't realise only texts are free and calls are charged at pay as you go rates on this scheme! Eek.

Yeah - I know why its so big as we thought we had down graded and knocked off the broadband dongle for the ipad. Well, they knocked that off but we didn't realise only texts are free and calls are charged at pay as you go rates on this scheme! Eek.

did they not tell you that when you downgraded? I would putting in a complaint to them for not passing on the relevant information to me in the first place.

did they not tell you that when you downgraded? I would putting in a complaint to them for not passing on the relevant information to me in the first place.

Tbh I find them hard work! It is pot luck who you get and sometimes I can't tell a word they are saying! I am just glad to get off the phone sometimes.

You know I actually think she ENJOYS making a drama. I remember last summer when her daughter came with grandson they both took a positive delight in ranting about the daughters husbands mother and what a useless grandmother she was - (she dared to not cut short her holiday and rebelled against my MIL). Strikes me that they just look for bother where the kid is concerned. Lord help anyone who dares to question her authority!!!
*sighs* Roll on week after next when they go home and its just nowty pants on her own again!!!

Just a little update!!!

Mr T has finally seen sense and we have blocked her calls from her mobile - meaning she can't send her wretched texts any longer! If she wants us she can ring us from her landline.
Also as from Monday we have a new phone number. So it won't do her any harm to not be able to get hold of us for a few days either!!!

I don't blame you in the least. Maybe she will ponder her behaviour (I doubt it) and see how vexing she is.

Could you give her a taste of her own medicine?! It might not do much in the way of making her think about what she has done but it would be oh-so-satisfying :p

newrider.com