Snooty looking riders!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Tsk. I am in a silly mood methinks.... Saw three snooty ladies out hacking today. All too good to smile and nod to the drivers that slowed down and gave them a wide berth:stomp: They give us all a bad name. Even if they were too occupied to wave a nice smile doesn't hurt,
Rant over.....

They did have lovely groomed to within an inch of their life horses tho...lol was very envious!!! They just looked like all that put me off joining the world of horses tbh. Ah well....

it's so annoying, we get a bad enough press without adding to it - I always thank drivers, wave them past etc

it just encourages drivers to ignore the next horse and rider

it's so annoying, we get a bad enough press without adding to it - I always thank drivers, wave them past etc

it just encourages drivers to ignore the next horse and rider

Yeah we do get enough bad press! When we used to hack on the roads - even tho most of the time I was concentrating and a bit scared of waving I used to give a cheesy grin and bob my head (god I sound bonkers:giggle:) but you know what I mean.
These three snooties weren't going to smile for anybody!!

This is definitely me, very posh, extremely snooty, look down at all the poor people, but I do thank people for slowing down.

Their attitude annoys me, and what annoys me equally is riders who are 'too cool' to wear high viz.

I always make a monumental effort to thank drivers who slow down, because I feel their behaviour needs rewarding!!

Equally, those who don't wear high viz are too thick to understand that actually you don't see them over a hedge or around a corner, and it irritates me, let alone those who don't have horses.

Their attitude annoys me, and what annoys me equally is riders who are 'too cool' to wear high viz.

I always make a monumental effort to thank drivers who slow down, because I feel their behaviour needs rewarding!!

Equally, those who don't wear high viz are too thick to understand that actually you don't see them over a hedge or around a corner, and it irritates me, let alone those who don't have horses.

Yes hi viz is so important - cannot weigh folk up who don't bother. OH and I always wore it even hacking about here on private land - you never know if you'll meet a tractor or other farm stuff and its unfair to expect them to slow down if they can't spot you fast enough.

Of course! I hope you wear your kilt for hacking out:giggle::giggle:

And his sporran, don't forget the sporran for keeping all his little bits and pieces in Trewsers!:giggle:

Personally I have to say both Dolly and I are always groomed to perfection with not a hair out of place.....we just do a very slight nod and regal wave to the peasants now and then as we swan about the boreens!:biggrin:

I can't look down on people and be snooty, I am on a short arse, big one but short. :giggle:
Actually I tend to stop and chat to people, I know the farmers, I know the dog walkers.
I get given an apple for her saddle bag.

Well, when I am out hacking I don't bother to wave or thank the drivers - I have my groomsman do it for me. Isn't that what one has servants for?? He also follows behind to pick up any of Rusty's regal poops that might land on the peasants boulevards.

And his sporran, don't forget the sporran for keeping all his little bits and pieces in Trewsers!:giggle:

Personally I have to say both Dolly and I are always groomed to perfection with not a hair out of place.....we just do a very slight nod and regal wave to the peasants now and then as we swan about the boreens!:biggrin:

A sporran is very important to a Scotsman I have lots of big bits and pieces and have had many admirers regarding the size of my sporran.

Well, when I am out hacking I don't bother to wave or thank the drivers - I have my groomsman do it for me. Isn't that what one has servants for?? He also follows behind to pick up any of Rusty's regal poops that might land on the peasants boulevards.

But of course - why do a job when one has ones minions.....:giggle:

newrider.com