Snaps, (ask Frances for REAL Pics) Iceland

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Stallion, never had a head collar on in his life, (the way things are done in Iceland) we asked could we see him in a head collar, so it was done, then and there in front of us, with no guarantee of success,

This was REAL horsemanship, natural or otherwise and a joy to watch a man work his horses,

141.jpg

142.jpg

147.jpg

10 minutels later, head collar off I was leaning over his back and he chose to stay with us ad play silly devils, bearing in mind, every other horse you see in those pics is ab ebture stallion or colt

loving the pics :) stallions, more of those, frances, sausages, some supper .... and DO TELL! are you getting more icelandics?? can you get me one?? the little chestnut with the flaxen mane on the far right would do just fine, thank you :)

When I tell you it was horse sausage do you still want to keep the sausage too?

I don't like the look of that sausage..........lol, I don't eat pepperoni or salami over here - never fancied it.................

We ate horse every day, sausage and steak and BBQ.

It was better than the lamb, cannot comment on the beef as I never tried the beef as the horse was too good. Frances, her daughter and I were fighting over the last bit.

Lovely photos. I was going to ask about the food.

I do not think i could eat something that i had met, our current pork is homebred. But i did not need and pat him.
Could i eat horse, not sure. But then i dont think i could eat snail either.

not too fussed about the horse sausage - if you're going to eat meat, it doesn't make that much of a difference, really. eg. not the pig's fault it's not as pretty as a horse and can't be ridden ...

(i would not want to eat my own ponies mind!!)

Julia

They don't eat their pet horses, they are bred for meat, or they send the nutter to the meat factory. I don't like killing time when we put a cow in the freezer, it's hard, but you have to keep the main aim of raising a cow and not get too attached.

freezurfoddur?

guess it might not be such a bad idea to not keep nutters for breeding etc.

It stops neglect, as there is always a good price for a horse, so it's better to sell it than keep it and neglect it. The horses are not transported vast distances live....and they are delicious!

newrider.com