Sheepskin bareback pad recommendations

Lottie86

Aug 6, 2012
North Aberdeenshire
I'm after a bareback sheepskin pad for Findlay and Iona as whilst Findlay has a saddle the physio said that bareback riding will make his muscles work harder. It will need to be big enough for me to sit on as for Iona to ride I'll need to sit on Magic and hold her upright (she's very floppy with little head control)

Has anyone got any recommendations of pads as I've seen a few online but I'd prefer recommendations to me just picking one at random.
Can you get bareback pads with rolls or anything as I'm thinking that might help their leg positioning slightly.
(I'm only after genuine sheepskin as they have very delicate skin and are prone to pressure marks)

Thanks in advance xx

The Christ bareback pads are lovely and the sheepskin is beautiful,I have not had one myself I am saving though!
You can get the ones with a knee/thigh block that would keep little legs secure.they are pricey but the quality is beautiful and they dont come up 2nd often and when they do you get good money back so they hold good value if you decided to part with it at a later date.

The only genuine sheepskin pad is the Christ Lammfelle. You can get that with knee rolls or without.
The plus comes with the option to add inserts.
It does come in pony size and is aimed to put the rider in a correct position.

Fab, thank you! Knee rolls mean we should get away with just 2 people holding Findlay upright rather than needing an extra 2 people to hold legs as well which is always a plus!

This is the Christ pad with knee rolls. I hate this pic of me and Raf but at least you can see what it looks like with a rider on.

newrider.com