Seat saver - any good for protecting the front

tiga

Oct 29, 2007
Brighton, East Sussex
This is a bit delicate so excuse me.:giggle:

Have tried a new saddle (2nd hand) that fits Izzy beautifully. Had a lesson in it last night and it was a bit uncomfortable in the front (girls parts).

My old saddle was flatter in the seat, this one is more scooped. Was wondering if the Heather Moffatt seat saver may help this?

What do you think?

I would say so from personal experience :D However not everyone can get on with them and a friend of mine who used to ride one of my horses reckoned it actually caused problems rather than preventing them for her :unsure:

Sorry to ask tiga, why are you sitting on your girl parts?

You sit on your seatbones, so more towards bottom/coccyx area. You need to tilt your pelvis if you're finding your delicate regions are being bruised and I would seriously think about where you are sitting in the saddle too :giggle:

Sorry though if I'm speaking out of turn as we are all built differently and if you are already sitting correctly then pardon me....:redcarded:

I can see something in what nani is saying, when I came back to riding I used to lean forward and it used to really hurnt my girlie parts after an hours lesson.

Since Ive been riding more I found I got a better position and sitting more upright/backwards and dont have the problem any longer.

Regarding seat savers not sure as Ive never used one.

Ha ha. No it is was when I was rising in trot - basically the saddle is much deeper than my older saddle so although it is the same length, the space for your butt is quite a bit smaller. If that makes sense.

Anyway, I have taken the saddle back now as a few other people tried it and had the same experience and I am back looking for another saddle.

Did have a suede seat saver, not by anyone, was cheaper than the HM and got on really wel with it.

Sold when i changed treeless as my new one is so comfy.

newrider.com