Sagging skin

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I have realised I have reached the age where my skin on my face seems to be going South and there's nothing I can do!lol. For the first time since turning 43 I have noticed it really badly. I feel like a bad advert for Avon or something as I stand in the bathroom mirror contemplating it all and putting on cream in a futile attempt to stop myself from looking like an extra from Spitting Image.........(younger people will just not know where I am coming from - I'm not sure myself either:giggle:) but anyways, do any of you wear a heavy duty cream to tighten the skin and moisturise - or are you all not worried / have great skin / too busy with your horses to care etc etc?!!!! I feel old today - what probably triggered it was watching a video of Kylie (she is a little older than me) jigging about on the stage back in 1989. Ah, those were the days - but she's not aged. Meh.:help::tongue:

Candyflosspot is right, she has a LOT of botox - lucky thing!!!

It is depressing, and I don't think any amount of cream does the trick, no matter how expensive sadly.

I don't think I'll bother wasting my money on expensive cream. I was lucky enough to trial some a while back and it didn't really do a lot. I had an Avon one that was half price so I tried that, it did tighten the area around my eyes a wee bit, but I didn't suddenly look 10 years younger (not that I really want that!). I just wish that skin didn't have to sag. I don't think it's anything to do with weight either, cos my face isn't plump - nor have I had a dramatic weight loss lately. Just old age. Hehehehehe. Still, Stormy doesn't mind - she never bats an eyelid as I come to feed her in a morning, bleary eyed and still half asleep.........lol, nor does she mind my eclectic wardrobe style in this cold weather!

I love my no 7 and elemis but it is not to stop from aging as bot convinced it works I just love a pamper and how it makes me feel!my mum has started using the no7 lift and luminate and has haf a few people say how good her skin looks,she's always looked good to me but it cheers her up to hear it from others and my closest friend in the world has always used bio oil on her face and she has the most amazing skin and looks nowhere near her age!

I think luck of the draw genetics wise is the foundation of good skin in a lot of cases. A good diet and drinking water (which I don't do enough of!) helps too.

I also think that a moisturiser is a good idea and I tend to believe the "fem-zines" that advise that wearing foundation is a protective barrier for your skin. I like the olay moisturiser on my skin and Revlon's Age Defying foundation has superseded their "Skinlights" as I've got on so to speak (I'm a bit older than you).

You sound happy in the skin that you're in though Trews and that's the key really. Everyone looks younger/better when they're smiling!

^^ agree! My dad and i were browsing at La Prairie counter in John Lewis (no, make that standing agog at the £920 price tag on a skin cream gift set!) and the sales woman came over to talk to us. When she saw my mum (who's 55) she said she'd super skin. My gran never looked her age either. And she said it was obvious my sis and i had inherited my mums good genes as i don't look even close to my age (in a good way! i've been mistaken for 16 before and i'm 31 this year). I love Kiehl's. I use their night serum, eye cream and daily ultra moisturiser cream. And when the time comes i shall grow old gracefully. Never mind botox, fillers and lifts. Be happy with the skin you are in!

Most days I don't care what I look like, I love my life and am happy being me. I'm fifty in a few weeks and I still can't quite believe it, in my head I'm no different to what I was 30 years ago - photographs and reality show a very different picture though ha ha.
Some days I do look in the mirror and think OMG where did THAT come from, that old wrinkly worn out face! But most of the time I remind myself what my daughter said years ago 'mum you don't have wrinkles you have lines around your eyes because you are always happy'
I don't use creams and foundations though never have done and my skin isn't too bad.
Tried Botox about 6/7 years ago when I was going through a vain moment, bloody stuff has no effect on me whatsoever! Surgeon said it does happen as with any drug that some people it doesn't work for but it's very rare. So couldn't even resort to that now even if I wanted to.
I know what you mean though Trewsers I feel like the skin around my jawline is sagging these days.
Don't let it get you down, at least we are all alive and we have good health and our lovely horses and hubbys/families etc to be grateful for.
Can't be young and gorgeous forever can we! But we can still be gorgeous no matter what our age, that comes from the inside.

Sorry for the waffle.

The women in my family don't age - my mother has just turned 70 and still doesn't have one grey hair! I'm 47 and I use simple moisturiser as I have quite dry skin but it is tight and not wrinkly, up until a couple of years ago I was often mistaken for someone in their late 20. I do look older now I am ill, pain will do that! My sister is in her early 40s and regularly gets asked for i.d. when she buys alcohol in Morrisons!
The downside of this is short lifespan, we die young (relatively - mid 70s if we are lucky) and leave great looking corpses, due to inherited auto-immune problems.

I wouldn't go down the cosmetic surgery route or botox even if I could afford it - it scares me too much!lol. It's funny but I didn't used to notice at all wrinkles - even though I'll have had them for quite some time! Maybe it's the time of year - I'm all pasty apart from my chapped red cheeks and am in need of some sunshine..............give me a bit of colour!!

Im 34 and obsessively use Olay anti wrinkle cream after witnessing wrinkles in a very bad mirror !! If I had the money I wouldnt hestitate at surgery lol theres nothing wrong in wanting to feel good about yourself.

Im 34 and obsessively use Olay anti wrinkle cream after witnessing wrinkles in a very bad mirror !! If I had the money I wouldnt hestitate at surgery lol theres nothing wrong in wanting to feel good about yourself.

Is the Olay one good? I tried it a few years ago, but was too lazy to keep it up - I now need to take action........hehehehee

I've used Olay Beauty Fluid for years.... it got my nan to 82 looking fab and it is cheap and easy so that'll do me. Besides, who'd want to be Kylie... she may have all that money but she's unmarried, no kids, has fought off breast cancer and as far as I know she doesn't even ride!!!! Pah.....

I've used Olay Beauty Fluid for years.... it got my nan to 82 looking fab and it is cheap and easy so that'll do me. Besides, who'd want to be Kylie... she may have all that money but she's unmarried, no kids, has fought off breast cancer and as far as I know she doesn't even ride!!!! Pah.....

Ah!!! You are proof it works - you always look younger than you are on your pics on here!!! Scuttles off to Bodycare to buy some......

At 54 not only do I have the saggy skin but there are hairs springing up all over it now too :redface: got a good tash when the sun shines on it :redface:

At 54 not only do I have the saggy skin but there are hairs springing up all over it now too :redface: got a good tash when the sun shines on it :redface:
I want to know why nature deems that laydees of a certain age should start sprouting chin hairs!!!! :redcarded:

newrider.com