Riding Lesson Today

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Our lovely Jen - yard manager and very close friend - is also a BHSAI so earlier I asked if she would give Gracie and I a lesson as I haven't been in the school for weeks because of this damned pneumonia. So we worked for 45 mins at a walk, on my hand position and Gracie flexing correctly on corners and circles.... nothing too arduous for my lungs, but exhausting for my brain!!! Jen brought her hat and boots, ready to take over if I got puffed but I was fine and I really felt the benefit of not having to think about trot....just getting the foundations right, before you add speed.

Right at the end, I rode into the middle of the school, halted in front of Jen, Gracie shook her head and her bridle fell off! :p.Needless to say she just stood there and didn't move a muscle whilst the pair of us recovered from hysterical laughter and Jen not only re-bridled her for me, but adjusted it to fit better. She called her Houdini, remembering her antics last year when she was able to get a grazing muzzle off from under a headcollar, but leaving the headcollar on :rolleyes: Gracie wears a Micklem and weirdly, when I was untacking after a hack on Tuesday, I had a brain fart and forgot to undo the throatlash and noseband....and it wouldn't come off!!! HOW does she do it????? :eek:

Jen had her measuring tape out so I decided to borrow it and see whether there was any change since I last used it on Gracie a year ago.... With all her growth outwards this year, it really shouldn't have surprised me to discover that she's also gone upwards an inch and is now a smidge over 15hh :D .I wonder if she's finished yet???

It's good to be getting back into the swing of things again.....

newrider.com