Riding gloves with good grip?

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
What do you guys recommend?

I'm currently using Noble Outfitter gloves, but haven't found them to be that great grip wise. Now we are going into winter, I'd like to get a pair that will retain their grip especially when wet and if they can remain grippy with rope reins, so much the better :)

I bought a pair of Woofwear Connect gloves last autumn, the day before the little ODE that we did. In desperation, I paid £20ish quid for them as they were the only ones in my size and Dom (who doesn't understand equestrian pricing) complained about the cost. I had never been a regular glove wearer but I remember joking at the time that I'd probably fall in love with them, wear then all the time and really get my money's worth. Well..... how prophetic was that joke? I am now a total constant glove wearer and adore them. They are thin enough for dexterity yet offer good protection and grip. Would definitely recommend....

Reactions: orbvalley
I liked Woofwear ones in the past. I use pimple palm ones now, but of course they are not waterproof. I bought Mr T some synthetic leather ones last year from Eileen Douglas and he likes those and says they are grippy. They were unbranded from them.

I use macwets. I like them, but despite their claims they are about as waterproof as tissue paper :(

I hunt in ariat Insulated Tek Grip Riding gloves, they are fleecy lined and very warm but also able to move your fingers, they are very grippy and possibly even more grippy when wet due to the material they are made of, highly recommend. I lost one out hunting this weekend and I'm gutted, they're the only gloves that keep me warm but not too bulky and grippy. Macwets are good but not as warm.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Roeckl Warwick Polartec.
Good in all weather's but not sure how they perform with rope reins. Warm in winter, but also good in summer. I find them grippy on leather reins.

I have Roekls for summer and love them but my hands freeze hacking and hunting in them. I've tried the thicker ones and still cold, I have Raynards though. My ariat gloves defo have the better grip out of the two, which I need with my tanky pony :p

newrider.com