Ridden and in hand showing

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Ok, so on Sunday I'm taking D showing at a local club. It's got quite a lot of classes on and qualifiers.

Can anyone give me any tips please? She'll be in her brown GP saddle, brown bridle, brown numnah. I'll be in my usual (well shirt, tie and new tweed). I'm planning on taking her in ridden and in hand hunter (novice or small? She's only 15.1/2), workers and SJ.

Anything else I need to know would be greatly appreciated!

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks, I wonder if anyone else could advise, I'm not expecting to do amazingly well, she's being a right pain atm but it's all for fun, right?!

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks, I have no idea what I need to do, I so hope I don't get called up first! I just wish someone on here who does showing will help :( I guess I'll just have to google it! I can't plait tails so I'll just do her mane and leave her tail au naturale. I've decided against in hand now, will just jump and do ridden showing as I can do over 14.2, young horse and ridden hunter.

eml

Apr 29, 2002
Leicestershire
www.ivanhoeequestrian.net
Plait mane an if tail is very bushy dampen it and bandage it until just beforeyou go in ring to make it look tame. The judge will often tell you what to do for individaul show but if not just show some WTC on both reins in neat figure of 8s , a bit of gallop down a long side and a rein back if you can do them well , if not just halt and salute. Remember to look happy and smiley!!

Reactions: ponylover88

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks, that sounds simple enough! She has a scar on her front leg but I've clipped off the odd hair and will pop some black shoe polish on. I can't imagine we'll do well, by the time my ridden showing comes along we'll have been there a while unfortunately so she may be bored. Can only try though!

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks, it was great fun. We didn't do the ridden hunter in the end as it had gone on for too long so scarpered off home, but did a clear round, a SJ round, working hunter and two ridden showing classes. Brilliant ponio won 3 of her classes and came second in the last. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 17

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
She was very calm and listened to me, we didn't refuse anything, hesitated at a few but I clicked and she went. I am mighty disappointed however, that the white fence is smaller than it appeared when I learnt the course :D

Reactions: Jessey

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thank you, I'll say it again but I'm so glad I didn't let those negative people put me off buying this little mare. We have a long way to go, but she's going to be a star, she already is even without the experience.

ponylover88

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks, on the plus side on these pics you can't see that she isn't plaited up (was norty of me really, but I ran out of time!)