R.I.P Lemon, Gypsy and Tammy

Oceano

Apr 12, 2009
R.I.P Lemon, Gypsy and Tammy

This all began last year, me and my riding instructer went to a christmas derby (it was a few days after christmas) and everything was going well I got a 2nd and all my other rounds where clear. We where celebrating the whole way home but what greeted us when we got home was horrible.

My instructer mostly trains horses, and alot of these horses have been abused some way or another by people. Any way in the larger paddock there was three horses, Lemon a beutiful appaloossa who sadly became blind, Gypsy a nice white mare not sure of the breed and Blush (or the blue mule) a dapple grey mare she is some kind of warmblood. Any way Gypsy and Lemon where quite old but Blush is quite young and really needs to be put in her place. Anyway when we got home we found that Gypsy had a broken leg which we think she got kicked by Blush and so we went to call the vet. I turns out the vet was busy with a similar case somewhere else and couldn't get there for a few hours and so the decesion was made to ring one of there friends to come and shot her. For a few weeks before this they had been contemplating putting down Lemon because he wasn't coping anymore and with Gypsy being put down that was what tipped it over the edge. Gypsy had been Lemons guide for years and it was only suitable that she would guild him in the next life. And so the two of them now rest in peace side by side in the paddock they spent most of there lives in.

Now a two months before this happened my German Shepherd Tammy was sadly put down. We had got her from the pound when she was only young about 2 I think anyway when she was about 4 we found out she had a serious medical problem that made her throw up all the time. They said she would proberly live for a few more years but not much longer but she thankfully lived till she was 14 or 15 much longer then the vets expected. Her ashes are now sitting in the living room where she can be with us all.

newrider.com