Question about sweet itch hoody rugs

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I have a sweet itch rug that goes up and over the ears. Think its called a sweet itch hoody rug. However it doesnt seem to be staying over the ears. Is it a poor fit do you think or could I be putting it on wrongly. Ive done all the straps up fully on the velcro. Three on the neck and one under the chin. He has quite short ears. They seem to slide out of the holes. Its not like hes just rubbing his head agaist something for the ears to come out.

yeah, its normal for them to not stay on the ears :) you could stick a fieldsafe headcollar over it to make it stay in place. or get a flymask with ears!

the only thing that the 'over the ears' really does is stop the poll getting exposed (eg the ears re sticking out anyway!) when they're grazing.

I have a fly mask with the ears and to be quite honest it seems to be a waste of time. I put that over the top and I've tried fitting it under the hoody and he still got that off as well.

I have to put a headcollar over madams mask to keep it on. Otherwise you could sew a loop onto rug to thread headcollar through. I use a smithy hood head under a full neck rug

newrider.com