Putting on Tall Boots

Dreamchaser

Total falls: 13
May 3, 2003
Ontario, Canada
photobucket.com
My boots arrived the other day. I ordered a pair of field boots on ebay and got a great deal on them (oh... its hard not to love ebay)! I was worried they wouldn't fit, but at the deal I got, it wouldn't matter. I got some people at the barn to help me put them on. They have a saying, "If they hurt, they fit." Anyways, they fit actually really well, I sure lucked out!

Here is my dilemma. I don't have any boot pulls yet. I ordered some online, but they won't be here until next week. I want to wear them around the house to break them in. Anyone have any creative ideas of different things to use instead of boot pulls?

I also think I am going to have a lot of trouble putting them on for myself. Any suggestions of how to put tall boots on easier?

Bailer twine through each of the boot pull 'hooks' as once you have used it to get your boots on its easy to pull out. If there really tight put pop socks or the chopped off legs from a pair of tights over your socks and jodhs and spray your legs very lightly with silicon furniture polish or coat spray. This will help your boots to slide on much easier.

My hunting boots were made to measure and fit like a glove but they are bu****ers to get on and I still have to wear tights two years later.

The boot pulls will make all the difference when they come - but meanwhile, use string through the loops... Also, try sprinkling talc inside them - it helps them to move easily as you put them on and off.

I'd invest in a boot jack too, to get them off easier - I know perfectly well why the old style horsemen used to "die with their boots on" - you need to be in extremely good health to get them off! That said, I always found them well worth it - they are the most comfortable to wear.

Ross

I used to use ribbon through the loops (or whatever else was handy) and then I got them with zips.

I work on the assumption that if you need pulls to get them on and a jack to get them off then they fit. ;)

what i do is sit on the ground put one leg over the other, andpush the upper leg against the lower legs toe and mine come off easily
sorry this isnt a very good description

Angel2 said:
Bailer twine through each of the boot pull 'hooks' as once you have used it to get your boots on its easy to pull out. If there really tight put pop socks or the chopped off legs from a pair of tights over your socks and jodhs and spray your legs very lightly with silicon furniture polish or coat spray. This will help your boots to slide on much easier.
I never thought of those thry're really good:D .

newrider.com