Pup-date

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
Roofs is now three weeks old:
IMG_8401.jpg

He’s registered with the vet and hopefully next week I’m going to sit in on a local puppy training session to see if we want to join. The vets also give us 4 weeks free Petplan insurance which is a help!

We’ve moved house, there are boxes everywhere but we’re slowly settling in, I think I’ve ordered just about everything Rufus is ever going to need! I’m trying to read as much as I can but of course, I’m getting nervous! BT have of course screwed up the internet changeover but it should be done by tomorrow. The old flat is being inspected tomorrow so fingers and hooves crossed that there aren’t too many deductions and I get my full deposit back.

Henry has moved fields within the farm, he’s now out with an older NFx, speaking to the new owner she too had issues with the liveries I was with not leaving out enough hay, I was basically supplementing three horses :( but new owner knows how much her horse eats and so I just have to top up to feed Hens, she’s also pretty hot on making sure they always have grass and swapping to the other field when it gets low. I think this should work out nicely! :D

I’ve been feeling super stressed this week but now Hens is settled I’m feeling like a huge weight has been lifted! I still can’t decide if he’s lame or not, it could be the hard ground or not. Haven’t ridden since our lesson two weeks ago and missing a good canter!

He’s a border terrier, opinion seems to be undecided as to whether they’re a good first dog or not, but I’m smitten! I can’t wait to get him home :D

I think even OH is starting to get a bit excited now! :D

My advice - take LOTS AND LOTS of pictures of this wee guy, while he's small and cute. He will be the apple of your eye for many years to come, but the puppy photos are the treasured ones and I never seem to have enough of them at that age!!:tongue:

How come he is away from his mum so early?

He is damn cute and squishable though!!!!

He’s still with his mum! The picture was sent to me by his breeder’s, we don’t bring him home until the 10th March when he’ll be 8 weeks old :D

Ooh I need to dig out my camera! Well remembered, I also need to buy a new charger for it!

(Then I can also get some pics of Henry in his new home :D)

Sadly OH has already vetoed my request for a picture of puppy and horse touching noses above the fireplace :( but he has bought me new cutlery (I’m really funny about it matching and we’d lost two forks from one set) and flowers and tomorrow is taking me to Homebase! (Simple things!)

Good point FM. I used to be photo mad but have none of my new pup.
Must take some next week.
Gorgeous little border. Very jealous as we have spoken about getting another at some point to add to our collection.
Can't wait to see him as he grows.

newrider.com