Post a photo today...new 2021 edition

There was a lovely humming this am.
The bumble bees were out in full force.
I love bumble bees they are so docile.
You can walk right thru an area with them all around.

View attachment 107785
Bumble bees are docile, aren't they? I keep trying to teach the grandchildren the difference between wasps and bees - if it won't leave you alone, it's a wasp, if you wave it away and it goes, it's a bee. The only time I've been stung by a bee, was when I stood on one by mistake, in my bare feet.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Bumble bees are so lovely to watch too.
Ugh wasps I got stung coming out my back door last week.
They had just started to make a nest I didnt know about right under where the deck railing meets the hand rail for the steps.
Coming back in out of nowhere I just missed getting stung a second time. Ugh.
So I sat away and watched ...they are horrible.
I had to spray it.
I hate to kill things but that was a dangerous spot and no way to avoid it.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
@horseandgoatmom I hate those B52’s😡. I haven’t seen too many this year. I shouldn’t even speak about bot flies because I haven‘t seen any of those yet, either🤐

You have a lot of little critters in your barnyard, as do I🌺. I have seen a toad or two recently - almost stepped on one of them. There is one big Cottontail in the barn yard that doesn‘t bother to run when it sees me coming on the 4-wheeler. I’m pretty sure it was born here, to be that comfortable. They do know to run from The dogs and my dogs know when I say “LEAVE IT!!” they had better listen:)

We have also had beautiful weather this week. In the mid80’s with dew points only in the 50’s. Below normal for our August weather but we will be back to 90’s and high humidity by the weekend.

I saw these two Gold Finches as I was cleaning stalls this morning. They have been around for a few years. This is about the time of year I see them sitting on the fence.
DF8C777C-C7A0-4B0C-8ACB-FAC543CB1264.jpeg

Ohh yes knock on wood...
I haven't seen any bot flies either.

Ohhhh ugh ... got one of the EDCC alerts late yesterday..
Worcester and Norfolk county in
Massachusetts both have horses with
Potomac horse fever.
Both of those counties abutt Rhode Island to the north.

The finches are pretty I see one in the apple trees occasionally.

We had a lot of cute bunnies around but not this year nor PEPE..LE..PU..
A cute skunk that didn't bother anyone.

I have never been able to get a photo but there is a humming bird that comes to the livingroom window buzzing the horse wreath inside the window.
Its fleating there and gone.
They are really interesting.

I saw this a bit after 5am..
I know there isnt anything along her fence line.
At first ugh did someone dump something...
Then quick panic is it the bear.
Then I took a good close look at the screen it was JIMMY..
I thought she closed the gate to the big field. At night....she must have forgotten last nite.

20210805_051831.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com