Post a photo today...new 2021 edition

It was still beautiful picture perfect yesterday aftetnoon.
I let all the goats together.
I still have to watch Kinley to behave.
He was pretty good.
I could keep eye to most areas on the camera.
They all went to Lincoln and chester's night area at one point so I went out to check..
All was fine but Lincoln came running talking up a storm everyone. Then a moment later everyone else came running.
They all want to see if the others DIGGS
are better..

Lincoln and Kinley took advantage to be able to reach some of the birch leaves.

They really are little clowns.

And the song BE A CLOWN...fits
SOOOOOOOO WELL

It will be another beautiful day
Cool and crisp 47f out there at 5am20210623_155729.jpg20210623_152814.jpg20210623_144810.jpg

I had to keep watchful eye when Lincoln went into the narrow strip and next thing
Kinley is in there .
I didn't want him cornered .
Kinley wandred a bit closer Lincoln scooted past him but not very far past.
Kinley behaved.
20210623_153154.jpg20210623_153208.jpg20210623_153638.jpg20210623_153035.jpg

You want to be a mother hen and hover
Its hard...but you have to back off and keep watch they have to make their own dynamics when together.

It was still beautiful picture perfect yesterday aftetnoon.
I let all the goats together.
I still have to watch Kinley to behave.
He was pretty good.
I could keep eye to most areas on the camera.
They all went to Lincoln and chester's night area at one point so I went out to check..
All was fine but Lincoln came running talking up a storm everyone. Then a moment later everyone else came running.
They all want to see if the others DIGGS
are better..

Lincoln and Kinley took advantage to be able to reach some of the birch leaves.

They really are little clowns.

And the song BE A CLOWN...fits
SOOOOOOOO WELL

It will be another beautiful day
Cool and crisp 47f out there at 5amView attachment 107142View attachment 107143View attachment 107144

I had to keep watchful eye when Lincoln went into the narrow strip and next thing
Kinley is in there .
I didn't want him cornered .
Kinley wandred a bit closer Lincoln scooted past him but not very far past.
Kinley behaved.
View attachment 107145View attachment 107146View attachment 107147View attachment 107148

You want to be a mother hen and hover
Its hard...but you have to back off and keep watch they have to make their own dynamics when together.
They must keep you entertained for hours! I must repeat to self "don't buy a goat, don't buy a goat......" I SOOO want one!

@horseandgoatmom you take much better care of your goats than my neighbor, lollol. They take care of their goats but they raise them for a purpose:(

We enjoyed some really great temps through Wednesday and low dewpoints to match. I got a lot of mowing done but one side pasture that normally takes two hours, took three because the grass thickened up so much. I had let it go for almost three weeks and that was a mistak, lol

Those big black horse flies have shown up; it seems a bit early but I killed on on Joker, during his shower a few nights back. That means the horses have been dashing in/out of the barn to graze. I have big tub fans in the barn and they are set on industrial sized timers.

Rusty’s fan is on the opposite side of the rails because I can’t trust him to leave things alone. He’s 27 and I still caught him with a wash cloth in his mouth the other night - turned my back on him for 30 seconds and he grabbed that wash cloth from the bucket before I could turn back around.

Joker, on the other hand, is my good kid - he neverrrr does anything wrong - just ask me and I’ll tell ya, lollol

This is Joker in his usual fan position during the summer. Please notice how the fan blows his mane up and his tail straight out, lol
6FE8B265-74F3-48C4-84C9-EC1EBE8BDE0A.jpeg

This is the same day ^^^^, that evening. The farrier swung by to reset a shoe that hat twisted. She didn’t even wait for me to halter joker. and the reset took all of five minutes. Joker said “just hurry up, you’re blocking my fan”.

5B995F5E-BC70-499E-A454-5ED2A5AAE942.jpeg

I out this sticker on the FEL of my John Deere many years ago. It still holds true today and makes me laugh when I have to get on the tractor and work,lol.
14BED4AF-509A-434D-B750-ED9260746B16.jpeg

We stopped off at a local lake for an ice cream with the grandchildren. Some silly people feeding the donkeys and ponies, so when my two tried to eat their ice creams, they got no peace. They're not scared of the ponies etc, but my grandson was determined not to let the donkey have his! Massive signs everywhere saying "DO NOT FEED etc" but people still do it, then shriek and complain when they get followed to their picnic. It also encourages the animals to go near the roads - twits even feed them out the car window. There also lots of babies - donkey and pony, which get separated from their mums, and all hell lets loose.:mad: i hasten to add my two did not feed or pet the animals - they just stood to eat and over they all came.Screenshot_20210624-120256_Gallery.jpg

We stopped off at a local lake for an ice cream with the grandchildren. Some silly people feeding the donkeys and ponies, so when my two tried to eat their ice creams, they got no peace. They're not scared of the ponies etc, but my grandson was determined not to let the donkey have his! Massive signs everywhere saying "DO NOT FEED etc" but people still do it, then shriek and complain when they get followed to their picnic. It also encourages the animals to go near the roads - twits even feed them out the car window. There also lots of babies - donkey and pony, which get separated from their mums, and all hell lets loose.:mad: i hasten to add my two did not feed or pet the animals - they just stood to eat and over they all came.View attachment 107152
That looks a very determined donkey!!! Shame people ignore the signs isn't it. I'd have loved that place as a kid, I love donkeys!

This property was a huge pasture when we bought itfor our retirement. I designed the house and the angle to set it as the views on this land are phenomenal.

This is the view I am blessed to see out MY window every day - sometimes without my horses, sometimes with many deer. Yesterday it was one doe and her brand new fawn. Fawns are like baby goats and baby rabbits — always jumping and comically bouncing around. We have lived here almost 18 years and the views are as exciting (to me anyway) today as they were in the beginning.

Maintenance is a full time job which we mostly do ourselves but it‘s worth every moment.
23C9685E-3A84-4812-AB0A-6DB0F3B92D53.jpeg

Critter chiropractor will be here this morning. Joker has fractured his sacrum twice in his lifetime, he walks and has quality of life thanks to her. Rusty is finally getting that he is 27, not seven, he has slowed his antics down but gets A massage if he doesn’t need adjusted.

The Spoiled Rottenweiler was rehomed to me at 18 months. I had her x-rayed first fear of hip displaysia but she has a bone chip in her sacrum, so she also gets worked on regularly. Freyja loves her chiro and the treatments.

I love my big dogs and I really love my guarding dogs:)

D10A0340-F960-4D7B-9DC1-A2469BB920BA.jpeg

Memories on Facebook came up with this. It’s 3 years ago at the first BE he had done with wonder rider. He had done 3 before but she had only been riding him for about 6 weeks prior. They did a few more and never came back out of the placings.
C0C7AC1B-F8EA-4DDD-8F2C-2BAD548B7628.png

Just before all hell broke loose w more bad storms late yestetday there were deer eating on the hill.

They don't miss much ...we were down by the house a long way away from them
And they were watching us watch them.
View attachment 107306
They are shy aren't they. At our old house we used to catch glimpses of them every now and again before they leapt over the fence into the woods.....

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com