Post a photo today...new 2021 edition

Hmm goat train yesterday.

Not sure what was up yesterday am.

The kids were reluctant to come out of the night area.

Then finally followed me out.
YOU GO FIRST MOM
20211010_074609.jpg
20211010_074608.jpg

I wonder if there was a shaking or something that they felt.

Later in the .morning there was an unexplained boom and shaking in central
Massachusetts and lower New Hampshire.
Lots of people reoorted it but supposedly it was not an earthquake.

I wonder how they will be this am...
If they noticed anything.

I was freaked out after 3 this am with a shaking but im not sure if there was a boom.

Thank god it wasn't 1am because there was no chance of trying to go back to sleep.
This is one day I REALLY REALLY want daylight to come.

I did find a site for reporting suspected earthquakes and there were several reports of what I felt not far away in
Connecticut.

So I know there was something but I'm still really wired.

On a good note when I was past the pond yesterday the color is getting even better.

20211010_111342.jpg20211010_111348.jpg

And the tree out front is starting to look pretty.
FALL is my favorite time of year.
20211010_141212.jpg

@horseandgoatmom Your local news will probably give an update on whatever you and the goats heard/felt. Yes, there is a .gov site where they immediate,y show earthquake activity and one can also report what we saw and felt.

Your fall fotos are great! Leaves are but we are still very green and in the mid80’s so colors won’t be as vibrant in my area as times past. We are in the 80’s until The cold front moves end the end of the week, then we drop to highs of 60’s which have been our lows, lollol. I’ve been showering the horses and still running fans on them at night.

It has been seven years since I laid my beloved Tennessee Walker, Duke, to rest. He was a son of Pride’s Genius so his registered name was Bonafide Genius. The breeder certainly picked the right name because Duke was a real genius🥰

Duke was with me 24 of his 27 years. I lost him to major colic from strangulating lipomas. At the initial diagnosis the vet gave him six months but I put him on Succeed and he enjoyed quality life for another 2-1/2 years.

These photos are on my desktop and are my very favorites- I can’t always look at them — Duke was liver chestnut. He always reminded me of a giant Hershey Bar when his spring and fall coat would first come in:)

This was in 2007 when Duke was 20. Duke was only 14.3H and considered a pony in the Walking Horse World but he had tremendous heart and work ethic.
022AE904-E672-4171-BB8C-CAB3B9CBA948.jpeg

This is 2011 on the road below our farm. Duke always had his ears up. He was a strong but fair alpha leader and the only time Ican recall seeing him pin his ears was when 16.1H Rusty P’d him off about something. RIP - I - Still- Miss - You —-
9E0EBD7D-3C8B-40F3-8E98-20181ADAB977.jpeg

Lollykay I hope we don't loose leaves and any color this week.
We are going way above normal to high 70,s f close to 80 for a few days this week.

It would be awful to just start enjoying the color to quickly lose it.

It was drizzly crummy going to Walmart early this am.

These spots looked nice and the photos were better than I thought being it really was crummy out.

20211011_100336.jpg20211011_095708.jpg20211011_100325.jpg20211011_095716.jpg20211011_095658.jpg

I don't really have many of the right trees to get good color here in the yard

A praying mantis this am on the deck post looking right at me.
Ive seen a lot of them this year.
20211015_095144(0).jpg

I missed a good photo the other day of a waking stick bug.
Ive never seen one in person.
Only on tv shows like Wild Kingdom.

I was at the drive thru atm at the bank.
I get out of the car rather than struggle to stretch.
I felt something on my leg ..ay first i thought it was a piece of dried grass
THEN IT MOVED AND TOTALLY FREAKED ME OUT.

I swished it gently ugh it landed on the pavement.
Since I touch the atm w gloves I did pick it up and get it on the ledge.
It was about 6 inches long.
At first i thought I thought I hurt it.
But its odd movements were it stalking a bug.
I'd have loved to watch it longer and get photos but cars were behind me.

It was definitely really interesting to see
AFTER IT WAS OFF MY LEG.

It was hot so I had shorts on.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
They featured something on the tv last week about tree hugging. I laugh today when chunkys little rider walked up to our ash tree whilst we were moving the cows and hugged it. I know she couldnt have seen the feature as they dont have a tv like you @Trewsers. Supposed to improve our mental wellbeing.

It still seems quite green round here, so not getting the autumn colours. The trees are still holding there green leaves. Maybe when it goes cold again at the weekend colours will change and cause some more leaves to drop.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I'm always on the lookout for crafty things for photos or figurines.

I got some of these the other day at Walmart that when I fiddle with a bit
Painting the inside or a photo etc will work well.
Its a actually a wooden ornament but flipped backwards it can be a nice little tuck here and there shelf with some
Sprucing up to that back side.

20211018_065114.jpg
20211018_065135.jpg
20211018_065256.jpg

The goat figurine isn't broken
Its a YOGA GOAT.

I HAVE 4 different ones.

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
newrider.com