PLEASE - may I have some Good Luck Vibes!!!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
So, tomorrow is the day................... we are off on a fun ride - eek.

Just friend and I, which is good, and I do feel we are ready now, Tobes and I to do this. Added to which he has been kept only with friends horse for 2 years prior to this yard and they are comfy together - argue like an old married couple, but we can canter off on rides together and take it in turns to go first and last and neither horse is stressy and pulling and there is no competitiveness.

However, we are going to have to trailer to the fun ride, added to which YO has made this weekend worming weekend which means the horses have to stay in for the weekend.

Am slightly annoyed with her because this morning she said that she had made this weekend worming weekend because we were going on a fun ride??????? Now she has been looking for a particular lorry for a long time. She won't tow a trailer and wants a hundred and one things with a limited budget for this lorry, and has said several times that she wishes she was able to come with us.

Can't really believe that she is trying to set us up for failure, and am even more determined to go now - do I really have a death wish??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I was so annoyed with her for doing this that I didn't ask her to come along for hack this morning because fellow retired livery who never ever hacks out with anyone other than friend and I wanted to come with us this morning and I chose him over her and didn't ask her along because it would have meant he wouldn't have come.

So if Tobes and I could have some good luck vibes we would be very pleased!!!

I don't think you need any good luck vibes, but you can have some if it makes you feel better lol.

Perhaps your YO has decided this would be a good weekend to worm because they're going out for plenty of exercise so it's not like they'll have to be shut in all weekend?

Have fun tomorrow, looking forward to the update!

Thank you x

Just seems odd really - out of 16 horses, and the two which are exercised the most regularly and without a doubt every weekend, which a lot of the others aren't and haven't been???!!!

I find the most nerve wracking bit is the start, when the horses are all fresh. I usually have a good trot to take the edge off their excitement.

I also find the later you go, the less likely you are to have any 'galloping loonies' going past, though overall most people are generally good mannered.

Always remember as well, if it gets too much, you can always dip out. The routes are usually circular and the stewards on route would know a short cut back.:smile:

Hope you have a really good day:smile:

Don't forget the pictures!

All your vibes have really worked - we had an absolutely amazingly good time!!!!!!!!

Thank you all LOADS xx!!!

newrider.com