Piccolo's first day out hacking in hand this year

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
Piccolo has had the winter off as was 'turned away' sort of after being backed late last summer.

Today was her first day out walking in hand around the village and she was EXCELLENT!!

I put her bridle on and a roller with some side reins. I don't normally lead out in side reins but admit it did make life a lot easier!

Harvey called and called as he is quite attached to her but once we were up the road being out on her own didn't seem to bother her at all.

We went round the village including passing a off lead dog out without its owner, then on some quiet roads, past the local primary school who were having a 'african music day' past the local co-op and allotments and then some busy roads where we went past a bus. A roadwork lorry also came past us (overtook) at breakneck speed which she did spin round at but not even really a spook she just thought she was going to get run over (so did I!) So I just hollored obscenities at him as he went past! Other then that a few looks at some roadwork signs (she wanted to inveswtigate them!) and no spooks!

I even popped into home and tied her up by the front door so i could get a drink. She seemed a bit peeved that she couldn't come indoors and scarily would fit through the front door! I did explain that even princess ponies arn't allowed in the house though.

So it's looking good! Just a pity my 'older' more 'mature' horse won't hack lol

I am thinking of paying to use the toll rides so i can get her long reining out and about a bit and then putting my 4yr old daughter on board for some trundles on the lead rein round the village.

Who knows once she's hacking out nicely i may even be able to use the baby pony to give the silly pony some confidence out hacking lol

I will say though you do notice when you are more used to a silly pony how different a quiet one is. I think i spooked at more things then Piccolo did...she just gave me a lookas though to say "Come on!!! that is NOT scary!"

Sorry no pics!

Really nice to read, but honestly, I get to the end and get a 'sorry no pics'!!

Please take your camera next time!

Lx

Lol, I promise to take piccies next time! :redface::biggrin:
brilliant!! the bit about going past the Co-Op made me smile :)

Everything goes to our local co-op...our village is so massive it takes 30 minutes to walk round all of it lol.:tongue: It's not unusual to find ponies or donkeys tied to the dog tie rings while the owners get refreshments :)

newrider.com