Perfect couple of days riding

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jess is still feeling strong and we've had a fab couple of days riding, we've managed to get out and back between showers and the neds have been great, we did 4.5 miles yesterday and another 5.5 today, hank was tired on the way back today bless him.
DSC_0091.JPG DSC_0099.JPG DSC_0101.JPG DSC_0110.JPG DSC_0129.JPG DSC_0131.JPG

Last edited:
Waiting to go :)DSC_0140.JPG DSC_0142.JPG DSC_0143.JPG
We decided a bit off off roading was in order today, hank wasn't overly impressed :cool:
DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0153.JPG DSC_0155-1.jpg DSC_0164.JPG DSC_0182.JPG
That log ahead looked small enough, but even jess had to hop it and it was chest height on hank, he managed it though :p
DSC_0185.JPG
This is my favourite place in the forest, everything's so big it makes me think jurassic Park :p
DSC_0199.JPG

Love, love this!

How do you get on with your bridle - is it a Zilco one? I'm considering getting Pete one as we often look like we've gone hunting after a 90 minute hack :D

Reactions: Jessey
I would be no good with your location. I would wrap Hank round a tree.
Riding and leading isn't my strong point, I almost wrapped a rider round a gate hunting.

Reactions: Jessey
Love, love this!

How do you get on with your bridle - is it a Zilco one? I'm considering getting Pete one as we often look like we've gone hunting after a 90 minute hack :D
It took me a long time to come around to the idea of anything synthetic being nice but I love my zilco bridle, its soft and has never rubbed or anything and its just so blooming easy to keep clean, dunk it in a bucket and you're good to go again :D Jess is a sweaty beast, but being so thin and light I think she sweats less under it then she did with a leather bridle.

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
I would be no good with your location. I would wrap Hank round a tree.
Riding and leading isn't my strong point, I almost wrapped a rider round a gate hunting.
I can't say I haven't had Hank the wrong side of a few trees :oops::p or like with that log yesterday, jess hopped over and Hank was still wriggling about eyeing it up.....my arms nearly got pulled out of the sockets :rolleyes: the more you pony though the better the neds get at knowing what they need to do to help you out :D

Reactions: orbvalley
I'm going to try the river next weekend, will def put my hat cam on for that as I may well get a swimming lesson :p Its not too deep where we cross but Hank will almost definitely have to swim the middle bit and I don't think I've ever had him in more than a puddle, Jess is normally fine with the river apart from the first visit each year...which this will be... so she might tit about a little.

The only chance I would get to pony is to borrow something faster than mine- not hard. She would just follow. Hates leading.

newrider.com