Ouch that hurt!

Z

zoeiow

Well all was going well on Sun when we went out on our own, got passed fields of cows and was feeling really pleased with ourselves and then disaster struck.
As we were coming through the gate to get back on to the yard. A bird procceded to come out the bush, we side stepped, I got my foot caught behind the post and Gladys kept going which resulted in my falling off and breaking me stirrup leathers.
When I looked up(which is a long way up at 18.2h) Gladys is just looking at me as to say 'well come on what are you doing down there'. Then when I untacked her I noticed she had taken some skin off on her back leg(how guilty do I feel).
Cleaned her up and went home feeling like the most wicked person in the world lol.
Will be going up for a ride tonight though, Bit annoyed as that was my first fall.:eek:

Glad you're both OK - sounds like it could have been worse. Good for Gladys for just standing by.

you're lucky she stood and waited for you, all my previous horses have not been so polite after a fall!!

hope you're ok and only your pride was bruised!

I am fine thank you apart from a few lumps and bumps and so is Gladys. Went out yesterday with a lady on the yard who is lovely and makes me feel at ease and like I can try anything.
Well we had a good ride with more cantering than before although I was very nervous going through the gate(will have to get over that one) I am going to go up today and just give her a groom and spend a bit of time with her.:eek:

She sounds like an angel..standing and waiting for you!

How on earth do you get back on if you come off?!?! Gladys is a giant!!

I ride a 17.1 and am 5'11" and cant do it without some assistance!

I dont know how I would get back on her(lol) as I have never had to but I am going to invest in one of the stirrup lengtheners that you can just keep in your pocket for such occasions.
She is a angel just wish I could do more with her but I am sure that it will come with time.

newrider.com