Operation Move Mum for Third Time

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
mum has been offered a 1 bedroom downstairs flat, the closest one to the entrance so will be moving from the upstairs studio flat in the next month or however long it takes me to sort it.

Have to repaint it all, bedroom, sitting room, hallway, get new carpets, get bedroom furniture. All the stuff we got rid of we now need! Spent most of yesterday at Ikea getting a wardrobe, ordered a matching chest of drawers, but they didn't put it on the order and it is now OUT OF STOCK!

I will get someone in to do the joinery i.e. put up blinds, change bathroom door to open inwards, put back the three doors we removed, sort out kitchen worktop so the fridge freezer can go in, put in shelves in walk in wardrobe. There is less storage here so will need to lose stuff, so anything that is at the back of the current wardrobe and is unworn is out the door as i am fed up moving stuff for stuff's sake.

I have Buddy booked for 3 shows in July so sod it that's coming first.

Mum still thinks she has all the furniture from her old house, where she thinks it has been the last 2 years god only knows but she thinks we can magic up her old sofa, bedroom furniture, while constantly telling me she either has no clothes or the clothes in the wardrobe aren't hers.

Took my blood pressure today, definitely not good! I have started the beetroot shots etc so hopefully that will help as the next two months are going to be hellish.

mum has been offered a 1 bedroom downstairs flat, the closest one to the entrance so will be moving from the upstairs studio flat in the next month or however long it takes me to sort it.

Have to repaint it all, bedroom, sitting room, hallway, get new carpets, get bedroom furniture. All the stuff we got rid of we now need! Spent most of yesterday at Ikea getting a wardrobe, ordered a matching chest of drawers, but they didn't put it on the order and it is now OUT OF STOCK!

I will get someone in to do the joinery i.e. put up blinds, change bathroom door to open inwards, put back the three doors we removed, sort out kitchen worktop so the fridge freezer can go in, put in shelves in walk in wardrobe. There is less storage here so will need to lose stuff, so anything that is at the back of the current wardrobe and is unworn is out the door as i am fed up moving stuff for stuff's sake.

I have Buddy booked for 3 shows in July so sod it that's coming first.

Mum still thinks she has all the furniture from her old house, where she thinks it has been the last 2 years god only knows but she thinks we can magic up her old sofa, bedroom furniture, while constantly telling me she either has no clothes or the clothes in the wardrobe aren't hers.

Took my blood pressure today, definitely not good! I have started the beetroot shots etc so hopefully that will help as the next two months are going to be hellish.
And just about to go to bed and she rings, the room is too hot. She keeps fiddling with the thermostat, it is either off or full bung, so had to go down and turn the frigging heating down. If she would just leave it alone but no. Have got a lock for the thermostat, just arrived, will fit it so she can't move it. Doesn't understand how heating works, that the thermostat controls it so she has it on full bung and if she is too hot opens the windows....if she would leave it at 22c it would moderate itself, we run ours at 19c and put in a sweater as we can't afford to heat our house like she does.

Had hoped to get the keys so i could paint over the jubilee 4 days but no. Got them on Monday, so have 1 coat of paint on sitting room and bedroom, will need at least 2, still to do hallway and cupboard but some progress. Will have a full day sunday after buddy's show on saturday

We are now two coats of paint on including wood work. Bathroom door replaced by a concertina door, curtain rails up and curtains hung. New wardrobe put together. Carpets due on Friday, Sunday collect new sofa and chair. Rest of this week move stuff out of her walk in wardrobe to make space for filled boxed for the removal company on Wednesday next week.

Who knows how long this will last. Her joined up thinking is really bad, painfully sad at times. She rang me last night, when was the carpet people coming - been told at least 20 times - and then the removal men as 'I'll have to go with them as nowhere to sit' a bit like My Old Man Said Follow the Van. She is moving within the building about 50 yards. We had planned to bring her up to our house on the day and one of us go and supervise. Will take her down on Monday when the sofa and chair are there - she doesn't want them but the place would look bare without them - and she still thinks she has her old sofa which has been in limbo for the past 3 years! So get her down sit her down ask her where she wants the tv to go -so she can see it.

On the plus side the next door neighbour is partially sighted too but younger and more out and about so i think he will drag her out to the garden or the lounge.

Just hope she can stay there for a bit longer before it's the nursing home or dementia ward. Really sad.

Ths morning managed to move all the clothes from her existing flat and get them packed away in the new wardrobe and the walk in wardrobe in the new flat. Cleared the three cupboards in the hallway, packed up all the ornament except 2 or 3, took all the pictures down and boxed them. Tomorrow am clear most of the kitchen then go and collect the new sofa and chair.

spent three hours this morning moving the kitchen stuff. Then 3 hours driving to collect the sofa and trying to get my horsebox up to the place to unload it in the rain. Left OH with that and took box home, and liberated poodles and brought them back. Got sofa in place, plus the chair that came with it. Went up to see if madam would come down and give it a viewing so that on Wednesday we would know exactly where to put stuff. TOO tired, er yes, well so am I. So stuff her, the things will go where they go and if she doesn't like it tough cheddar. Very annoyed. Did some poodle walking and bought some wine or her card in payment for an entire weekend's work. Would have been nice to ride Buddy.

spent three hours this morning moving the kitchen stuff. Then 3 hours driving to collect the sofa and trying to get my horsebox up to the place to unload it in the rain. Left OH with that and took box home, and liberated poodles and brought them back. Got sofa in place, plus the chair that came with it. Went up to see if madam would come down and give it a viewing so that on Wednesday we would know exactly where to put stuff. TOO tired, er yes, well so am I. So stuff her, the things will go where they go and if she doesn't like it tough cheddar. Very annoyed. Did some poodle walking and bought some wine or her card in payment for an entire weekend's work. Would have been nice to ride Buddy.
Enjoy your wine. You've earned it.

Is she in there??.

I hope she didn't toss something down.
This sigh is quite a horror show for you.

It's giving me cringes of my father when he started to live with me.

First it was peeing in a cup and putting it in the drawer.
I had to chase down ever cup IMMEDIATELY.
He was mobile so no excuse for that.
I had to struggle to get him to do his walks.
Alsimers is awful.
They get combative.
He would threaten to piss in the orange juice.
Then it eventually progressed to
Diapers even though he was still mobile.

I NEVER EVER changed a diaper in my life til I had to do it on my father.

I don't envy you.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
Is she in there??.

I hope she didn't toss something down.
This sigh is quite a horror show for you.

It's giving me cringes of my father when he started to live with me.

First it was peeing in a cup and putting it in the drawer.
I had to chase down ever cup IMMEDIATELY.
He was mobile so no excuse for that.
I had to struggle to get him to do his walks.
Alsimers is awful.
They get combative.
He would threaten to piss in the orange juice.
Then it eventually progressed to
Diapers even though he was still mobile.

I NEVER EVER changed a diaper in my life til I had to do it on my father.

I don't envy you.
It is unblocked. She claims the carer asked to use the loo and she reported it blocked but who knows what the story is.

newrider.com