*Oops* *ouch*

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Hello all.

What a lovely day, thought we, for a hack now we have 2 horses and lots of lovely bridleways to hack them on. So we tacked up and set off.

Now I should remind you that my DH is riding Mattie but is not an experienced rider. I forget he doesn't know some basic stuff - and of course, being a man, he doesn't like to be told :spin:

I had planned us a ride along a track which a friend said was great for a canter. It looked it, so with my new boldness I said, "We'll have a little canter up here then," and Zigs and I set off.

He cantered nicely and was just slowing up when asked:bounce: when the DH and Mattie came past full steam ahead. Ziggy says, "What? Competition? We're off!" and it was gallop, not canter.

Which would have been fine, except the DH then decided to stop at a narrow spot. To avoid running straight up Mattie's bum Ziggy kinked right - I hung on - a tree was in the way - he kinked left - I went out of the side door.

I have to say I shouted at the DH and told him it was all his fault. Ziggy looked horrified, walked away, realised he didn't know where he was and walked back to me with his ears pricked. Stood like a rock while I got back on. Was anxious but good for the rest of the ride. :inlove:

But no harm done - and a good gallop!!!! We live and learn :wub:

Ooops!

Like the way that OH got a telling off as well :giggle:

Glad you're okay though and had fun - you'll have to add that to the 'last time you fell off' thread as the most recent incident!

Ouch indeed! But BIG admiration from me for taking it so well, after telling off your OH appropriately:wink:
It's nice that it wasn't Ziggy's fault - bless him for slowing down before he was overtaken. You really have been brave and made so much progress:smile:

Last edited:
Woops - is DH speaking to you still? Mine would have been most indignant:D

Hope you're not too ouchy and congratulations on your gallop:biggrin:

newrider.com