One of those rides

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Last night I decided to ride even though I feel like death warmed up, I figured the fresh air wouldn't hurt. It was getting late so I togged jess up in all her hi viz and reflective gear and donned the lights and set off for the forest.
It ended up being one of those rides where you fall in love with riding all over again :D we had to trust each other totally, she was in charge of route planning and sorting her feet out (even with a head light I could see very little) and I controlled speed. Jess walked out all happy and with a real ping in her step and we were both very relaxed, it's a very liberating experience riding out in the dark. We even went much further than I planned as we were enjoying it so much, we did about 5 miles in the end and even had a trot and canter into the darkness on some of the tracks I know have really good footing.
I luvf my girlie, she is such an awesome buddy :D

I don't think there is a word to describe what I want to say but :D:D:D

Isn't it just the best feeling ever! Glad you had such a good ride and glad too that it made you feel better!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
That's fabulous. I am trying to get used to running off road at night with a head torch. I find all the green eyes of weird critters a bit freaky! Daisy Dog is a total coward in the pitch dark at night which doesn't help as she whimpers and hides behind me. But once I get over the jitters I absolutely love it and definitely plan to ride in the dark too once I find a trustworthy sure footed pony!!

Reactions: Jessey
Last night I decided to ride even though I feel like death warmed up, I figured the fresh air wouldn't hurt. It was getting late so I togged jess up in all her hi viz and reflective gear and donned the lights and set off for the forest.
It ended up being one of those rides where you fall in love with riding all over again :D we had to trust each other totally, she was in charge of route planning and sorting her feet out (even with a head light I could see very little) and I controlled speed. Jess walked out all happy and with a real ping in her step and we were both very relaxed, it's a very liberating experience riding out in the dark. We even went much further than I planned as we were enjoying it so much, we did about 5 miles in the end and even had a trot and canter into the darkness on some of the tracks I know have really good footing.
I luvf my girlie, she is such an awesome buddy :D
Ahh thats brill I would never be able to get becca to go out in the dark. Its twilight and she's freaking !!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com