OMG ........... Can`t stop smiling !!!!!!!!!!!!!

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
Only these smileys can sum up how i`m feeling after yesterday >>>> *:dance::dance: :cloud9:

and even then there are just not enough :giggle:

Well, today, Coby and I cantered, for the first time EVER, and we kind of had a bit of an inadvertent gallop too :redface: lolol !!!

We were trotting down the farm track when he offered me the most beautiful, light collected canter :unsure: I let him take me, he glided along, and as soon as i asked him back to trot he came back straight away, i burst into tears. As you know from my blog, i backed and started him myself, and have had many issues along the way, but today, he just knew how to take care of me :wub:

We did the same coming home too, back up the other side of the verge actually, in the stubble field, but this time the canter turned into a gallop :p lol so i let him go ... just amazing !!! It won`t have looked elegant or pretty to bystanders i`m sure, and there was a far old bit of head tossing trying to get him back from the gallop, he was very much "don`t stop me now mum" lol ... but i asked again with voice and he came back to me ... i truly don`t care what i looked like, i couldn`t ask for more from him *:wub:

The saddle wasn`t right (he told me), the girth wasn`t right either as i can`t find mine after the move, we have stuff everywhere, and there were many other factors that he wasn`t overly happy with, but even if we do nothing else this year, i don`t care, that has just made my life :cloud9::cloud9:

The moment he cantered for the first time, and i realised we were cantering was just breath taking ... i burst into tears, i know to most cantering is nothing, but it`s long since been my nemesis, and to do it on a young horse who has never done it before, in a huge open space, was just a huge thing for me, really massive !!! But he really, REALLY took care of me .. god i love him :wub: :wub: :wub:

He was a bit of a begger coming back up the track though ... the canter to a gallop and then not a lot of brakes was a bit eeekkkk :unsure: especially with the head tossing coz he reeeaaallllyyyyy wanted to keep going, BUT i didn`t feel worried or scared, and knew i`d be ok with him, i knew it was just him saying "please can i mum keep going mum ... pleeeeaaassseee" and that he just needed a stronger "No" from me, for him to say "oh ok then". But for a first time attempt, i`m just thrilled !!!

Here`s a pic for posterity, here, on this wee verge, not a few feet forward from where this picture was taken, is where we had our first canter, and coming back up the other side on our way home, we had our first gallop:

578623_4191754065866_658807886_n.jpg

The rest of the hack went with out incident, apart from a nice arked dance around a couple of wheelie bins that had fallen over :giggle: lol ....... We also met a huge green tractor and rattly trailer ... he was fab !!! *:wub:

I also just wanted to tel you all we have moved, that` why i haven`t been about as much. It has been the busiest 8 weeks ever lol .... I will try and catch up with everyone. Anyway, he`s at a new farm (settled in brilliantly) this is the first time he has been ridden or worked in over 3 months. He`d never been off the farm before and didn`t once plant or be hesitant. He was absolutely spot on !!!!

Soooooooooo what has everyone else been up to then ?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm SOOOOOOOO pleased for you Daisy!!!!!!!

You've worked so hard with the lovely lad, he's just repaying the time and thought you have put in :biggrin:

Oh I am sooooooo pleased for you!!!! I can't post icons but if I could there would be loads of happy ones for you! Well done both of you!!!

Thanks peeps ... still grinning like mad :biggrin:

Can`t wait til i get his new saddle, and i`ve found his girth now too (the joys of moving eh?) .... nothing is going to stop us both now lol

Well done you cant beat it. There is not a feeling in the world like cantering or galloping, its like a drug and once you have done it you just want more.

newrider.com