Oldencraig dressage today (with photos)

Blackhorse

Dec 19, 2005
Sorry this could be long.

Got up at 4.30 to make his lordship look his best. Arrived at Oldencraig and Chelle tidied some more while I got ready. Warmed up nicely and wandered off to our arena to ride prelim 17.

Well the look of horror that came over me. I know they call it the lake arena but the lakes were in it! Git hates puddles either hops round them or jumps them. Entered the arena to find that not only was there a lake at S the whole end at A was very wet and deep. Tried to get him through the puddle before the bell went. . I was not impressed at £22 a class at the south east premier centre this was not on. Bless him, Git tried, he hated the ground, could not/would not really move forwards. Half way through the test having jumped the puddle again mumbled at Chelle "this is f**king ridiculous" I did not care if the judge at C heard me the test was ruined anyway. Then it got worse had to approach the "puddle" in canter, go right across it for a half 20m circle with trans to trot over the centre line. Well he FLEW cleared the whole thing I was somewhere near C and managed to recover some sort of trot. For that manoeuvre I scored a 4 from the judge at E with Huge jump over puddle and 5 from the judge at C with WELL SAT. Judge at C scored 59.16% and judge at E 57.5% gave me an average of 58.33 one of the lowest in that test. Judge at E commented sweet horse - shame about the puddle.

Deep breath, couple of fags and learn prelim 16 in 20 mins. 16 was in the international arena. It was still a little boggy but much better than the lake. Test went pretty well appart from one break in canter which I created as I again had to go through a puddle and if he lept that one he would he gone out the arena and down a ditch. I just checked a little too much. Judge at C scored us 64% and the judge at E scored us 68.5% with some lovely comments. That gave us an average of 66.25% and we come 5th out of 29.

The had a proper mounted presentation, I won a t-shirt, baseball cap and £35 voucher towards entries.

Never managed anything like that before and it was lovely cantering the lap of honour to Rocky

I am so proud of my little stressage pone

Warm up
P1010004.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

The LAKE arena
P1010023.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010030.jpg

International arena
P1010044.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010064.jpg

Finished
P1010076.jpg

Last edited:
the classes should have been a third of the price! was it affiliated? the second class was high scoring, well done!

No was not affiliated. I am sure the classes were that expensive to fund the prizes. Highest score of the day won a hand made jaguar saddle an 6 training sessions with Vicky Thompson.

the classes should have been a third of the price! was it affiliated? the second class was high scoring, well done!

Amy those pics are beautiful he does look really stunning, and a big well done for your score, the lakes must have been from friday we had terrible rain, Spring would have jumped each one of them.

Well done to you both!

well done on your result.It sounds like the puddles in the first test made it very difficult for all.I would have complained too as it isn't really a suitable surface to run a dressage test on.Glad to hear the second test made up for it.The international arena looks gorgeous and you and your horse look really good together.

newrider.com